My New Land Cruiser

dustymusM4ximus

My dad just gave me his '93 land cruiser last Thursday and I finally got to test it's off-road capabilities last night! I took my girlfriend's brother with me because he's a mechanic and helped me figure out a few things about it like the diff lock. We go to this low maintenance road and when they say low maintenance, they mean low maintenance. This road hasn't been maintained for about ten years! It had just rained heavily a few days earlier and snow was still melting so needless to say it was pretty muddy and we put it in low and set the diff lock to FR and crawled around on this "road." We were doing great so far when we get to this steep hill that's all mud and has giant ruts on either side of the "road" going all the way up. I went at it and was doing great until about halfway up; my rear tires ended up in one of the ruts and I was still trying to climb the monster and my front wheels were still pulling us up but we were perpendicular to the road! Basically we climbed the hill sideways! It's barely been a week and I'm already in love!

BulletHead

Adventurer
Congrats. First year of the 1FZ. Looks like you have front/rear electric OEM lockers. Get some baseline maintenance completed if your dad missed some routine maintenance and enjoy her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998