My New M416

Bostonian1976

Hi all,

I don't post much here but figured I'd share my new M416 that I hope to be an expedition trailer in the next few years. I picked it up with two extra tires (one with rim), extra set of lights, and canvas for 700. It's been completely sandblasted about 5 years ago, and bedliner added. Tires are brand new 6-ply military Firestones. No rust really, just a bit of surface rust. I think he did an awesome job adding a tailgate with reinforcement, spring-loaded sliding pins, etc.

I actually like its current look, so I'm hoping to just add a removable lid, a rack of some kind to support a rooftop tent, a tent, and some jerry can holders. Anyway here are the pics. Picked it up last weekend...

4061526602_6c251de179_b.jpg

4061523724_0783d831d1_b.jpg

4090307272_08b3f694c0_b.jpg

4089546277_e6ec99b199_b.jpg

4089547399_674ff53107_b.jpg

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The old trick with tailgate chains is to slip part of a bicycle inner tube over them. Quiets them down and stops them from beating things up.

Bostonian1976

The old trick with tailgate chains is to slip part of a bicycle inner tube over them. Quiets them down and stops them from beating things up.

good call - thank you. I'll probably replace these rusty ones with some new ones and do that...

RJ40

Adventurer
That is a superb deal! I love that tailgate design! Would you perhaps shoot some more pics of the tailgate assembly inside and out that I might be able to use to copy it!? I'm working on mine now, and that is almost perfect for what I am after...A PM would be fine unless you want to share with the world!!

Cheers!

Bostonian1976

That is a superb deal! I love that tailgate design! Would you perhaps shoot some more pics of the tailgate assembly inside and out that I might be able to use to copy it!? I'm working on mine now, and that is almost perfect for what I am after...A PM would be fine unless you want to share with the world!!

Cheers!

not a problem! I think it's very well done. Those are the only pictures I have at the moment of the trailer. I keep it up north, so the next time I'm up there I will take more pictures of the setup. It's a very solid design, to say the least...

Bostonian1976

Now you just need to get it hooked up the the Rover and you'll be all set!:elkgrin:

yeah - how to convert from the clevis pin hitch on the Rover to the (much larger) pintle on the trailer is not easy for me to figure out so far. Ok I haven't researched it much, but so far I don't see an easy solution...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12