my new T100!!!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Nice, clean looking truck you've got there!

I'm with Arclight, I think a dual battery system is completely unnecessary. The added weight, complexity, work, and expense are overrated in my opinion. Just get yourself a low voltage disconnect and the biggest battery you can stuff in there. If you can get a group 31 Odyssey to fit, that's what I would do. That and carry a good jump pack like a Micro Start. Unless you're planning on having lights or a radio on all night, I don't really see needing a dual setup. My crappy old battery will run my fridge for about 36 hours before it hits the voltage cutoff. I avoid any uncertainties by starting it every morning when I'm in camp.

Also with Arclight for heat. one of those Buddy heaters (~$70 on Amazon) will heat very well. Just run it for a minute or two and that should be enough to heat under a camper shell.

Arclight

SAR guy
You can even stay up all night reading or whatever if you go with LED strip lights. If the camper is already wired for 12V automotive bulbs, replace them with a small warm white LED panel from Amazon.

Arclight

knox

Observer
I wouldn't have multiple things running for all night. The heater on and off. lights probably only on when trucks on. Maybe lights in the bed/bed outlet. And potentially a fridge. So I'll look in to those low voltage disconnects.

bimmeryota

Observer
Congrats on a beautiful T!
I picked up a 98 about a year ago and love it too. Yours is super clean and even better it's a manual! Hard to find them in that good of shape anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger