My new to me 2009 4runner Trail Edition

KRP

Observer
I may have missed it, but what size tires are you running? I really like the fit on your vehicle and will be replacing the tires on my 05 shortly.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

chmura

Adventurer
I may have missed it, but what size tires are you running? I really like the fit on your vehicle and will be replacing the tires on my 05 shortly.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Tires are 285/70/17.

chmura

Adventurer
Just got back from a 3 day Death Valley trip. Here are some pictures of our trip. Took Goler Wash to Mengel Pass into Butte Valley. Exited Butte Valley from Warm Springs Road. Headed North to Eureka Dunes and ran Steele Pass to the springs.

Was an awesome trip. Met new friends and invited an old friend of mine that is new to wheelin'.

chmura

Adventurer
Just returned from a camping trip to Baja Mexico. We drove about 400 miles South of the California border. Fun trip, beach camping almost everyday. Not many people there and overall it was an awesome trip. Street tacos there were amazing!

chmura

Adventurer
How is your mpg faring with the mods and 285 tires?

I get 16mpg.

There was an FJ Cruiser in the group and at the 2nd campsite and he had less than 1/4 tank. I had an even 1/2 gas. But the FJ had a RTT and was heavier than me with overlanding gear.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I get 16mpg.

There was an FJ Cruiser in the group and at the 2nd campsite and he had less than 1/4 tank. I had an even 1/2 gas. But the FJ had a RTT and was heavier than me with overlanding gear.

Also didn't help that he started with 4gal less than you did, lol. I'll never understand why Toyota saddled the FJCs with a 19gal tank instead of what they equipped the 4Runners (23gal, 24gal for 5th-Gen) and Tacomas (21gal) with, especially with no spare tire mounted underneath.

Last edited:

chmura

Adventurer
Also didn't that he started with 4gal less than you did, lol. I'll never understand why Toyota saddled the FJCs with a 19gal tank instead of what they equipped the 4Runners (23gal, 24gal for 5th-Gen) and Tacomas (21gal) with, especially with no spare tire mounted underneath.

I thought the FJ cruisers had the same size tank as the 4runners. Didn't know that!

That explains why I had more fuel than him. :)

Usually when I know fuel will be an issue I usually put in 2-3 gallons more fuel when the fill nozzle clicks off. I know it might be bad for the charcoal canister but never had an issue doing that with my previous vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior