My new WJ

Yesterday I picked up a 2004 Grand Cherokee Columbia Edition w/the H.O. v8. It's pretty much been my dream vehicle for the last 3 years, so it's an understatement to say that I'm excited about finally getting one.

Future plans include.....

Kevin’s Offroad 2.75” Coil Lift
JKS Mfg LCA mini skids
JKS Mfg Disconnects
KOR Dual Rubber Front Trac-bar
JKS Mfg JK Control arms
JKS Mfg Shock Conversions
Iron Rock Offroad X-fer Skid
New 16” wheels
Iceland Offroad winch bumper
Iceland Offroad fender flares (maybe)
CLS Rear bumper
Iron Rock Offroad HD rear sway bar

and who knows what else.....

The previous owner removed the special wheels and the roof cross bars. I wasn't happy about either of those things. So I'm planning to replace these wheels with some 16" wheels that I like better and getting the cross bars out of the junkyard.

100_1818.jpg

100_1817.jpg

100_1816.jpg

100_1813.jpg

100_1812.jpg

100_1810.jpg

Some minor front end damage. There is also some scratches on the side cladding. No worries though since this will be wheeled and the front bumper will be getting replaced.
100_1811.jpg

100_1809.jpg

I'm finally trail rated... :victory:
100_1808.jpg

100_1806.jpg

And my favorite emblem! :costumed-smiley-007
100_1820.jpg

juicexj24

Observer
Great find. I have an 04' WJ. Great list of parts but the JKS LCA skids don't fit the WJ, but Iron Rock has a set that covers both the front and sides of the mount. I had that KOR 2.5" lift for a few years but went up to 3" IRO coils with 3/4" spacers about 3 months later (should have gone to 4" coils from the start). I would also recommend some type of rock rail, IRO makes a nice set as do KOR.

Great find. I have an 04' WJ. Great list of parts but the JKS LCA skids don't fit the WJ, but Iron Rock has a set that covers both the front and sides of the mount. I had that KOR 2.5" lift for a few years but went up to 3" IRO coils with 3/4" spacers about 3 months later (should have gone to 4" coils from the start). I would also recommend some type of rock rail, IRO makes a nice set as do KOR.

Oops, I did leave sliders off the menu. Just an oversight, that will likey be one of the 1st things I add.

I don't own a sports car... :(
The red Supra belongs to my roomate 700+ hp :drool: The black Supra belongs to a friend of ours. He's using our garage while he looks for a new house.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Too bad you don't live closer...I'd swap my heated leather seats for some nice cloth ones! Enjoy the work (and the trips to follow) with your rig!! Here's some WJ inspiration for you!
A.JPG

B.JPG

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
It's a lucky find on craigslist. Nothing I've ever heard of before...some aftermarket tire carrier. I got lucky and grabbed it for $50. I also went to Pep Boys and bought an LED license plate light for it too. It'll work until I save the $ to buy a whole new rear bumper with a spare tire swingout!

carcrafter22

Adventurer
The WJ's are pretty slick. I bought my wife one and were currently swapping in an isuzu diesel, chevy 4l85e trans and BW 4401 transfer case with clayton long arms and dana 44 front 9" rear, its almost done just need a few little things to get it running again. After its finished were going to be starting on the WJ trailer using most of the body from a spare WJ and adding a few things to make it like a tear drop trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78