My Perfect Balance Build

JFarris

Wanderer
Habitat.jpgI haven't had a chance to get the Habitat painted black yet. I really enjoy it, just have been trying to get a few issues with water intrusion worked out. In this picture, I had forgotten the front stabilizing rods in my trailer at home. I used a strap to hold the front down, and slept in the rear area with the hatches in place.

Septu

Explorer
I haven't had a chance to get the Habitat painted black yet. I really enjoy it, just have been trying to get a few issues with water intrusion worked out. In this picture, I had forgotten the front stabilizing rods in my trailer at home. I used a strap to hold the front down, and slept in the rear area with the hatches in place.

Any concerns with all that canvas and camping in the rain? Jeep looks great!

JFarris

Wanderer
It rained really hard on our trip to the Northern California Coast. Pretty much dumped all night. And I mean, dumped rain. There were 2-3 spots over head that started dripping. Nothing that a little seam sealer or wax wouldn't have fixed. I didn't have any with me. Water was also coming in from the side. Kind of hard to explain, but I think I have a solution figured out for it. But, considering how much rain we got, it did pretty dang good.

Septu

Explorer
I don't actually mean so much while it's up (I figure it's a top quality tent and should be okay), but more so after you put it away... doesn't the wet canvas drip into the interior and whatnot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12