My pride and joy...

yeti217

Enthusiast
Thanks! I would like to keep it stock but I just got a brush guard for it and would like to locate an original roof rack for it. Right now I'm just concentrating on fixing what doesn't work, such as a/c blend motors and headlight washer/wipers. Keeps me busy though.

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
Thanks! I would like to keep it stock but I just got a brush guard for it and would like to locate an original roof rack for it. Right now I'm just concentrating on fixing what doesn't work, such as a/c blend motors and headlight washer/wipers. Keeps me busy though.

Sounds like you are pretty handy with auto repairs, which will be good since there arent that many rover resources in your area. I lost an alternator on my DII driving in to Artesia. Fortunately that was pretty basic and the Chevy dealership was able to fix it, though getting the appropriate serpentine belt was a headache (they didnt order a new one from British Pacific with the alternator).

Anyway, if you arent familiar with www.rangerovers.net, then you might want to. Lots of resources over there for your p38. Also consider getting one of the Rovacomlite type computers for your truck since you are in a remote area.

yeti217

Enthusiast
Thanks for the info! I've already found out that if I want anything done around here I'll be best off doing it myself. I'll check into the computer. I've already rebuilt my valve block and that's taken care of my EAS woes. Just not looking forward to the A/C issues. I do have the RAVE manuals already and they're a great help, also familiar with rangerovers.net. I'm Yeti217 on there also. Thanks again.

James

yeti217

Enthusiast
Got the manuals already. I've been on the fast track on learning the ins and outs of rovers. These forums are great also.
Thanks,
James

RangeBrover

Explorer
When you turn on the ac does the compressor turn on? Also do you hear any fan noise? We had to replace a blower on a p38 because it just died, it wasn't the worse job ever, but definately not something fun to do.

yeti217

Enthusiast
Yes the compressor engages, and I can hear the fan but that's intermittent. But when I do hear the fans there's hardly any air coming out of the vents. That's what makes me think the blend motors might be bad. Might need to go ahead and change the blowers also since I'll be in the neighborhood. Not really what I'd like to do, but the summer here in New Mexico can be a little hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998