My trailer build 2007 JK

MichaelW

Observer
Gear said:
Just a thought if you were to raise the Delta box up 3/4" on some sort of rails perpendicular to the side of the trailer. You could slide a piece of plywood under the box acting like a wedge for the table that sticks out. Well hopefully you get the idea.
You have my gears turning. I'm thinking of a steel plate welded to a piano hinge on the tool box. Then use a simple tailgate like strap to hold it up and a clip to hold it folded up.

MichaelW

Observer
ntsqd said:
Soto's name rings a bell, but I can't place him. He IS in my town though.....
He also builds detail trailers. Does that help or is there more you want to say here?:cow:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I know a guy with something similar, only it's bolted to the pass door of his yota, it's made from HDPE, and it's for cutting limes when south of the border.....

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
MichaelW said:
...There is a company in Australia that has an insert for a pintle to quiet it down and absorb shocks but I figured shipping would be triple the price of the part...

Link? I've seen some different ideas but a quick google search yeilded nothing. Thanks!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
cruiseroutfit said:
Link? I've seen some different ideas but a quick google search yeilded nothing. Thanks!

Kurt

Their web site is http://www.vehiclecomponents.com.au/content/contentDetails.asp?ContentID=456 I've had some long discussions with them in the past, and although they make great product we never could come to an agreement on who would be responsible for the liability on what they manufactured.

Right now with the US $ in such poor shape, plus shipping and handling it all becomes very expensive.

You might get some good ideas from the site.

newimage

Wood Burner
OK gotta chime in and say Hi and intoduce myself.
And answer questions.
Its true I am a Gen-Right Pimp (sales),great stuff got a Safari Tank and the 31.5a gallons goes a long way!and I love the fact that I am staying in the offroad community. I am also part of Corva and an associate Member of Cal 4 Wheel.

Adventure Trailers build a awesome trailer that I would own but I have toys like a Honda Rancher 4X4 and a inflatable 12ft Boat that we take to Baja so nobodys really building a Heavy Duty off road trailer thats where I came in.

I build custom detail trailers and hot water high pressure trailer for City, States and also Cal Trans. I am also a avid wheeler. We take 2-3 trips a year to Baja and I saw a need for a well built trailer that was not a tent trailer but a pack mule. Thats where OFF ROAD TRAILERZ was born.

I have built many custom trailers that had 30-31 inch tires but no Mikey had to have 37" on his trailer, Its a challenge buts its coming out great and when we powder coat it green to match he will be a true HAPPY CAMPER.

Last edited:

MichaelW

Observer
Rick has some new pictures coming and I can't wait. Should have the sides on and after today the load securing system should be welded on too! Almost ready for powder coating. :wings:

MichaelW

Observer
Sweet lordie jesus I got me some more images of my trailer from Rick. This is all welded up and ready to go for a bead blasting then a powder coating in Jeep Green to match my JK.

I have to say that I am impressed with what I see in the pictures. This definitely looks like a trailer I can take off road and toss a quad in the back for hunting or to go get a load rocks for the landscaping projects.

I really like the welds and gusseting. I can't wait to load it up and take it on a road trip!

Hmm, I wonder what the weather is like now in Southern New Mexico or Big Bend National Park?

So the next set of images you will see should be after powder coating and with some of the electrical and tool boxes installed.

I am happy thus far!

tr-build-20.jpg

tr-build-21.jpg

tr-build-22.jpg

tr-build-23.jpg

tr-build-24.jpg

tr-build-25.jpg

tr-build-26.jpg

tr-build-27.jpg

tr-build-28.jpg

tr-build-29.jpg

absolute

Adventurer
Very good looking so far. I'm interested to see this in the end. I love taking my quads/bikes when I camp also.
I need a semi to take to the trailhead so I can bring my toys!

anybody have any plans?? LOL

Last edited:

MichaelW

Observer
A friend of mine just modified out a semi trailer for use as a pit stop & RV for their professional rock crawling team. Didn't seem that difficult. :)

absolute

Adventurer
My brother-in-law and I built a V-nose Trailer a couple of years ago that holds a Yamaha Rhino and a Grizzly.
It has Fold down bunks, interior/exterior lights, counter top w/sink, cassette toilet, and I just sent him a 6 gal propane water heater that was in my trailer. It’s a great hunting/camping setup, but a little on the tall side for taking to remote spots, but he makes it work. I think the tires are 31 X 9’s? I will have to double check.

MichaelW

Observer
More progress, a littel splash of color

Now we have color and the electrical is going in! Almost time for me to drive down to pick it up. :bounce:

tr-build-40.jpg

tr-build-41.jpg

tr-build-42.jpg

tr-build-43.jpg

tr-build-44.jpg

tr-build-45.jpg

tr-build-46.jpg

tr-build-47.jpg

I'm really liking how this is coming together!

MichaelW

Observer
That I couldn't tell you.

I know that Rick tried working with whomever on the color match and they said it was Jeep Green, and maybe it is but the color match isn't as perfect as I would have liked, at least from the pictures, but we all know that colors appear different on different surfaces. But once you put on the tires, the tanks and tool boxes I think it will be ok and not as noticeable as it is without the rest of the products installed.

I'm still pretty pleased so far and can't wait to pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle