my very very slow 2012 taco build

hey guys i got my brand new double cab trd off road on thursday! i will be using it as my work truck/ "weekend wheeler".
I plan on doing a few trips the summer and fall! I do have a few questions. the first thing i want is some kind of stronger rear suspension. i am leading towards the toytec aal, anyone have any experience with that? tires and sliders will be the next thing on the list!
here are some pictures i'll get better ones soon!
also does anyone have any idea when ARB will make a bumper for the 2012?

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 3

rsbmg

Observer
Did you check with ARB? I don't know if there was anything specific that changed between 11&12 that would prevent their current bumper from working. I suspect there may not be any difference and you can just use the previous year.

As for the add a leaf. That the cheapest thing you can do and would work fine unless your after better offroad performance in which case I would say invest in a new leaf pack.

oddball

I dont know about the Toytec but I have the Wheelers single leaf aal's and I was very pleased with them. I experienced none of the negative effects that most associate with aal's. Though after about 40k +/- miles they are now negatively arched. I'm switching over to replacement springs soon.

well i got rid of the disco a while ago, for the past 9 months i have been driving a 1984 land rover 90 which compared to the tacoma it is DAY AND NIGHT:ylsmoke: i never realized how much i missed a radio, powersteering, and various other power options!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger