N.E. Arizona Tour and Dune Camp Nov. 3-4th,2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Howard70 said:
That's what I'd suspect. :oops:

Howard

I just used 2 sick days last week that were rather mysterious to my mngt, I might have to drive out late Friday night afterall. :oops:

I'll just plan on being at the meeting point Sat morning. This should be a fun trip, I've been wanting to see this part of AZ for a long time. All I ever see is the stuff along I-40.

AZCPP

Adventurer
I was going to wait until next Monday to post this but I will do it now.

I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS PLANNING TO ATTEND THIS ADVENTURE. I need an accurate head count to pre negotiate the fee for Rock Art Ranch. If everyone can post the number in their party by Friday Oct 26th I can go out and take care of this. I will post directions and GPS coordinates for the meet point next week. If anyone needs campground or hotel info for Friday night let me know and I can provide it for you. I do have a couple guest rooms if someone wants to stay here on Friday night or if you just need a place to park and camp I have room for a few rigs here as well.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I'll be there, just myself. I'll find accomodations Friday night and arrive at the meeting point Sat morning.

alia176

Explorer
Head count:

2 adults and one infant.

Oh yeah, 2 dogs (if allowed).

Thanks.

AZCPP said:
I was going to wait until next Monday to post this but I will do it now.

I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS PLANNING TO ATTEND THIS ADVENTURE. I need an accurate head count to pre negotiate the fee for Rock Art Ranch. If everyone can post the number in their party by Friday Oct 26th I can go out and take care of this. I will post directions and GPS coordinates for the meet point next week. If anyone needs campground or hotel info for Friday night let me know and I can provide it for you. I do have a couple guest rooms if someone wants to stay here on Friday night or if you just need a place to park and camp I have room for a few rigs here as well.

AZCPP

Adventurer
Forcast for next Sat. Saturday (24 hours): Plenty of sun. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 30s.

It looks like a small group and both are coming from NM. With this in mind I am changing a couple things.

We will meet at the parking area next to McDonalds in Holbrook @ 8:30am. Exit I-40 at exit#287 go to the end of the ramp and turn right, go east and you will see McDonalds on the left. I will be in my red quad cab Dodge Ram or maybe our Silver Jeep Liberty (If I get the lift on this week)

Given the cool nighttime temperatures we will camp in a more protected area instead of out on the open dunes. This will also add a little more diversity to our trip.

The last change is for Sunday's activities. I will know if this change will happen today or tomorrow. When I know for sure I will post up what it is. But, I will say if it happens it will be a very rare experience for all of us.

AZCPP

Adventurer
Here are three pics from todays pre-running.

New camp site will be here.
PC290011.jpg

Climbing out of Pierce Wash.
PC290003-1.jpg

Overlooking Dry Lake.
PC290001.jpg

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Nice area, looking forward to it and looking forward to meeting you guys.

What time to you think we'll be wrapping up on Sunday? I need to head into Phoenix Sunday evening.

AZCPP

Adventurer
We should be done by early afternoon. I wanted to finish early so everyone has time to get home at a reasonable time Sunday evening.

Howard70

Adventurer
Won't be Able to Attend

We'd originally planned to make this great trip and were going to help keep Chuck in line, but we aren't going to make it.

You guys have a great time!

Best Wishes,

Howard L. Snell

alia176

Explorer
We're getting geared up for this trip :wings:

I assume Holbrook is in the same MST time zone? AZ tends to confuse me at times with their time!!

We are the KOA in Holbrook. Looking forward to meeting y'all this morning.

Ali

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior