N.E.Arizona Tour

AZCPP

Adventurer
Here are a few pics from the run we did last Sat. and Sun. Thanks to Ursidae69 and alia176 his family for joining us. I was nice to meet all of you. Sorry, I didn't take too many pictures.

Rock Art Ranch.
P1040001.jpg

Canyon where there are 100's of Petroglyths.
P1040013.jpg

P1040023.jpg

Taking a break.
P1050028.jpg

Camp.
P1050031.jpg

On the road climbing out of the canyon we camped in.
P1050032.jpg

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Was the trip towards Round Vally, or more towards the Rez, or more towards Flag?

Awesome photos, makes me miss the trips to Morenci through Reserve and Glenwood, NM.

Photog

Explorer
Fergie,
Stop typing about that stuff. You are making me homesick.:eek:

Chuck,
Where was that odd canyon in the photos, with the Petroglyths?

Last edited:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
AZCPP leads a great trip. :costumed-smiley-007 Thanks for the tour. I'll post up some pics in a day or two. :)

AZCPP

Adventurer
Photog said:
Chuck,
Where was that odd canyon in the photos, with the Petroglyths?

Brian,
It is Chevelon Canyon(or Chevelon Creek). The water flows from the mountains along the Mogollon Rim to the Little Colorado between Joseph City and Winslow. In places it is three times deeper than what you see in the photo's above. Here is a pic I had takes of some of our friends at a deeper section.
P4020183.jpg

There is another anyon similar to the west of Chevelon called Clear Creek. That is where the locals (we) go to swim and jump from the canyon walls. We have kayaked about five miles upstream in Clear Creek. The walls get higher and closer together as you go up stream. It is awsome!

AZCPP

Adventurer
Moody said:
Very cool. I'd LOVE to see the petroglyph photos if any...

This one is a map and is on a horizontal surface.

P1040012.jpg

These are just a few from the canyon walls.
P1040022.jpg

P1040019.jpg

P1040020.jpg

AZCPP

Adventurer
Fergie said:
Was the trip towards Round Vally, or more towards the Rez, or more towards Flag?

It was south/east of Winslow towards the Mogollon Rim. Where we camped was just inside the northern border of the Sitgreaves National Forest.

Moody

Needs to get out more
AZCPP: Thanks. Can I get your permission to use these in a powerpoint at my school? I like to show them various rock art...they have a hard time believing that the world is much older than 13 years...:)

AZCPP

Adventurer
Moody said:
AZCPP: Thanks. Can I get your permission to use these in a powerpoint at my school? I like to show them various rock art...they have a hard time believing that the world is much older than 13 years...:)

You are more than welcome to use them but, you may want to wait and see what the other Chuck post up his will surely be better than mine.

Moody

Needs to get out more
AZCPP said:
You are more than welcome to use them but, you may want to wait and see what the other Chuck post up his will surely be better than mine.
Thanks...I will certainly cite you as the photographer...:)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Very Nice!...........Chuck P.............!

Thanks for sharing!

I just Love this stuff!

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I have some of my pictures processed. Here are a few that came out okay.

Thanks again for organizing the trip AZCPP.

AZCPP

Adventurer
Thanks for posting these Chuck.

And thanks again for coming! Remember, we want to come up your way sometime!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior