Nate's 100 series family camping and DD build

nmatcek

Adventurer
Why did you choose those over the new BFGs?
Mostly because of my past experience with the ST Maxx. They are TOUGH with great traction. I don't have any experience with the ko2 but don't have anything against it. The ST Maxx tends to measure a tad bit bigger than other tires of the same size. And although the Coppers don't look as cool on the screen as they do in person, I have seen KO2s in person and prefer the look of the ST Maxx.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

SSinVzla

Those tires indeed look very nice on your truck.
I'm between the Toyo AT2 and the STMaxx. The reviews I've found on-line are mostly from Australian rig owners who use their truck a LOT more off road than I do (it is my DD).
How do those STMaxx perform on wet pavement? Any aquaplaning?
Do they wear evenly?
I ask because the (old model) BFG AT where horrible regarding aquaplaning and tended to deform in the long run, don't know about the new model though, but that pretty much takes BFG out of my list.

Got some new shoes today.
View attachment 319799View attachment 319800

275/70r18 Cooper ST Maxx. Had them on my last truck and my brother is on the 3rd set on his Tundra. We beat the snot out of those tires and never had any type of failure.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Nothing exciting lately but I flushed out my steering fluid with some fresh stuff.
uploadfromtaptalk1451620863204.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1451620884975.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1451620932539.jpg

Yotard

Nice hundy man, I'm in the process of buying one and I'm in San Antonio as well. We should meet up and wheel some time.
I just bought one up here in Austin. Let me know if you guys want to make a run to Hidden Falls.
Just adding the locker for now. that nitro gear box on the table was just the master install kit with bearings, seals, and optional solid pinion spacer. I doubt I'll ever regear as for now I plan on sticking with the 275/70r18s and it drives well with the stock gears.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

nmatcek

Adventurer
I just bought one up here in Austin. Let me know if you guys want to make a run to Hidden Falls.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Nice man. Actually I'm planning on heading to HF at the end of February.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Ordered some sliders today. White Knuckle in raw. Planning on doing the rattle can finish.

SSinVzla

Interested in seeing some pictures once you have them installed. The ones they have on their website look as if the WK sliders protrude a lot more than the Slee or Metaltech ones.The price sure is good though!

Ordered some sliders today. White Knuckle in raw. Planning on doing the rattle can finish.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Interested in seeing some pictures once you have them installed. The ones they have on their website look as if the WK sliders protrude a lot more than the Slee or Metaltech ones.The price sure is good though!
Will definitely post them up ASAP. Yes the price was a big factor in my decision to go with the WKs.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Made this. Should help with my avalanche of camping gear . I can stash all the light stuff up there out of the way. May swap the bungee net for some webbing to support the load a little better.
uploadfromtaptalk1453514363755.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453514384498.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453514395324.jpg

nmatcek

Adventurer
White Knuckle sliders are supposed to show up Monday. Excellent customer service from John and his company!!!

nmatcek

Adventurer
Just got these off the Fed ex truck. Not mounted or painted but I had to mock them up.
uploadfromtaptalk1454971784345.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454971795719.jpg
They'll be painted and installed within a few days with pics to follow.

ShannonH

Decided to check out your build. Beautiful Cruiser. I appreciate how clean your keeping it.

How do you like your Sliders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior