National Luna base plate install to AT combo slide

Imajeepnut

Observer
I have the AT combo slide and National Luna base plate with fridge. How is everyone securing the base plate to the combo slide? I have drilled the holes in the top of the slide, and I have just enough room to put a bolt in from the bottom and a nut on the top side of the base plate. If I drop the bolt in from the top and put the nut on the bottom, it looks like I would have to notch the partner stove slightly to clear the nut.

Is there a better way to do this or will I have to put the bolt in from beneath the base plate? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

cowboybirder

Observer
I used rivnuts to attach my Indel B Base plate and just had to file a very small amount to clear even with the Partner JK stove.

Imajeepnut

Observer
Thanks cowboy...I think I've got it figured out. I bought pan head screws that are lower profile and I put those in from beneath the base plate and they don't rub the stove anywhere while opening or closing. My bolt that I was using earlier was grazing the cook top grate when opening and closing. The pan head seems to be doing the trick. I'm using T-nuts to attach the combo slide to plywood...then the plywood to the floor using bolts and nutserts where needed. I figure if I goof drilling a hole mounting anything, it's easier to drill more in plywood or start over rather than putting so many in my floorboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12