NATO can seals

97tjguzzy

Explorer
No, they are NOT. I have two of those, and they are cheap, Chinese made junk. The flexible nozzles leak and are not sealed well into the base piece. They also have no provision for venting, so they empty the can very slowly. You'd be better off with a funnel.

JP

thanks for the information, I wanted to ask before i bought. thanks again.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
No, they are NOT. I have two of those, and they are cheap, Chinese made junk. The flexible nozzles leak and are not sealed well into the base piece. They also have no provision for venting, so they empty the can very slowly. You'd be better off with a funnel.

JP

I agree with Curmudgeon on this based on my own experience as well.

Wedco makes a spout that works well but it uses a narrow flexible plastic tip to allow use with a gasoline tank (smaller opening than a diesel tank). The problem is the plastic tip eventually breaks after a couple of years of use. After breaking a 2nd tip I've opted to avoid the spout and instead I use a super siphon to transfer the gas instead.

97tjguzzy

Explorer
I use a super siphon to transfer large amounts, but it would be nice to be able to fill the push mower without the use of the siphon haha.

Chili

Explorer
I have a couple of regular carb plastic gas cans in the garage and don't smell them at all. They seem to seal well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan