Need a little help

DividingCreek

Explorer
Hello,
I have a shipment of 18 G Wagens and Mogs stuck in Customs. There is only one truck that is a problem. I have dutch military in service and discharge paperwork documenting the truck as a 1987. Somehow Customs/DOT has a bee in their bonnet that the truck is a 92. I need something definitive to prove date of manufacture. The Officer is asking for something on dealer letterhead certifying year model. Running into a wall there. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

here's what I have:
VIN# WDB46131017049656 MERCEDES G WAGON

Per Customs, DOT checked with the MFGR and said the year was a 1992 (not 1987 per docs).

I need something on Mercedes letterhead from any dealer on the planet stating the actual date of mfg. Obviously not going to get that from Mercedes Benz NA. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
as far as i know, if the MB data card says 92, its a 92. i cant think of a scenario where that could be wrong. contact dutch on P3.

DividingCreek

Explorer
No data card from MB they are the ones giving the misinformation over the phone. The mercedes part software decodes the truck correctly as a danish 1986/87 240gd. The 240 was replaced by the 250 @ some point in 87 and this is a 240. Wasn't the 461 series replaced with the 463 series in 1990 ? Who is Dutch on P3 ?

Last edited:

DividingCreek

Explorer
Danish army paper work shows an in service date of March 87. There is no 92 registration. Truck is military and has never been registered anywhere and the only paperwork is the Danish Army cast off certificate which also shows the inservice date. This is strictly a VIN decode issue and someone @ Benz NA has given DOT bad info

zimm

Expedition Leader
No data card from MB they are the ones giving the misinformation over the phone. The mercedes part software decodes the truck correctly as a danish 1986/87 240gd. The 240 was replaced by the 250 @ some point in 87 and this is a 240. Wasn't the 461 series replaced with the 463 series in 1990 ? Who is Dutch on P3 ?

dutch is the mod. he can get you the correct data card from MB. it will have the vin and delivery date.

zimm

Expedition Leader
he's on vacation for a couple of weeks.

oh... :(

thats sucky inconvenient worst case scenarioish.

start a thread pointed three, and on clubgwagon, explain you need a data card. he may not be the only one that knows how to get one. it sounds like what you need.

i see you did that. good luck! i think guido has the sure fire way, as hes sent 461's here in the past.

Last edited:

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
The Vehicle Data Card as found on the EPCnet does not show a delivery (or manufacturing) date. Many VDC's do not.

DividingCreek

Explorer
Got a certificate from benz and cleared the 18 truck shipment. Thanks for the help. Having more fun with another G @ Norfolk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger