Need a replacement flysheet/rain cover for old Hannibal RTT - suggestions?

DC DII

First off:
***** Hannibal, the company, can replace, but I am not sure since this is an older version the modern version will fit/be correct, etc...as they are in Australia, I am not excited about timelines, shipping, etc, if their replacement does not work...

So, I am here.

I need a replacement rain cover for my now 20 year old tent. The one below (green part) is not rain proof at all anymore.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with replacements?

I wanted to find someone who can use my original rain cover as a template and use more modern materials.

Any advice is appreciated -

Thanks,
Erik

IMG_4900.JPG

NatersXJ6

Explorer
What is your budget? Lots of tent / tarp / canvas shops in nearly every American city “can” do this, but most won’t want to deal with it. You might be better off buying a sewing machine.

DC DII

What is your budget? Lots of tent / tarp / canvas shops in nearly every American city “can” do this, but most won’t want to deal with it. You might be better off buying a sewing machine.

Budget is open at this point. I was going to call a boat dealer or RV dealer just to see. I was thinking the same in regards to "wanting" to do this for a reasonable price.

After posting I did check the exchange rate USD to AUD and I may just end up biting the bullet.

Anyway, I am in hopes someone has been down this path and has advice...otherwise might be learning how to sew.

Thanks -

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I’m looking down the road at a similar situation. I started learning to sew. It’s not gone well so far, but I have high hopes!

DC DII

I’m looking down the road at a similar situation. I started learning to sew. It’s not gone well so far, but I have high hopes!
Good to know..."similar situation" NOT good to know "not gone well so far"... :)

I have zero sewing experience and zero equipment for that. Not to say it's impossible...

I have installed grommets, and done basic sewing in the past, but to avoid that would be preferable. I am sure it would be a lot cheaper doing it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan