Need a source for rollover sofa hardware (hinge-things)

subterran

Adventurer
Greetings!
I was hoping someone out there can tell me where I can buy a pair or two of the hinges for a roll-over sofa. I want to build my own roll-over sofa. I may also play with a dinette - type of setup, too.

Currently, my junk has the two-piece variety, where I have to wrassle the backrest out, and prop it on some folding stubs in the floor to make a bed from it. That's kind of a hassle, so I usually don't bother. I think a rollover would be a better solution.

By way of example, here's some photos from a dude that made his own. He says it was a PITA, and I believe him. I would rather just buy some!

roll-hinge_1.JPG rollhinge_2.JPG
rollover_3.JPG

Thank you!

Last edited:

subterran

Adventurer
Here's what I found

Well, to anyone else who is looking for the same thing, here's what I have so far:

Here is a link to the Blog where the guy made his own rollover hinges. It looks like I may have to put my new welding (and grinding, lol) skills to the test!
http://aimlesswanderingsofacuriousman.blogspot.com/p/camper-build.html?showComment=1459363960

And here's a link to an older discussion here on Expo on the same subject. I was hoping we had made some inroads since then...
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-55952.html

I think I might hammer on these this weekend. I think I'll make 2 pair, as I have been wanting to play with a dinette setup possibly. I'll post how it goes - how hard can it be? And I have my Redneck Superpowers that I can tap - so hold my beer and stand back!

liftedlimo

Adventurer
Call the parts department at FWC. I priced out a set and they were way cheaper then buying a used toyhauler bunk or any other route.

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
I bought some for my old Scout popup from FWC. I think they were around $75, but that was about 8 years ago.

subterran

Adventurer
Cool, thanks guys. I have an email out to them. I'll report back about the price / availability.
I'm glad to know someone was able to actually buy some through 4WC, as in the old thread about this, it was stated that 4WC wouldn't sell them separately.

subterran

Adventurer
Alrighty then. I heard back from 4WC parts department. They will sell the hinges for $150.00 per pair. I'm going to go ahead and order some. Awesome! Thanks guys!

Darkrider

Adventurer
Nice to know there is a source for them. Ok..just so i understand this right..the roll over sofas are the ones that can be set up as a sofa then laid out as a bed like a futon right?

subterran

Adventurer
Actually, I checked last night and they were not available, but I added them to my want list. I checked back today, and they are available again. I just ordered a pair. Thanks Spiglord! Now I can fianlly put this project to rest!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78