Need annex for roof top tent

davis31052

Adventurer
Help folks, I need an annex room for my RTT. It is a Safari Equipment branded tent and no doubt a Chinese knock off of one of the better brands. Best I can tell these were sold near me in north Atlanta Georgia but that shop has gone out of business.. Im hoping someone reading here might be able to provide some infor on where I can buy one.

Thx,eddieimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Box Rocket

This is the problem with buying a tent from one of the many different new brands popping up all the time. Most don't have the capital or business plan to do much more than the first few shipments and they end up going out of business after a year or two. Sorry you're having to deal with that. This isn't a brand I'm familiar with enough to know which other brand might be one that has an annex that will work.
If you can provide some measurements, I can look into whether or not a Tepui annex will fit. Get a measurement of the width of the base below the entrance. Is the width of the vestibule at the outer edge the same width? What is the measurement of the of the length of the vestibule from the base to the outer corner of the vestibule? Get a photo of the edge of the base below the entrance. Does it have a track along the edge of the base? Get a photo of the zipper along the lower edge of the vestibule and try to determine what brand of zipper it is. Is it YKK, or some lower quality zipper?
If you can provide that info it will be a good starting point to find some that could work. Good luck.

davis31052

Adventurer
Thanks Rocket,

The area that I want to fill is 72 inches (folding hinge point to end of the vestibule) by 55 inches (width of tent from left to right). This will encompass half of the RTT floor and the area around the ladder. Also, the vestibule itself has no provision for attachment of an annex, so I'll have to add a zipper around the inside perimeter. As far as attachment to the bottom of the tent floor, the channel has a groove to insert the annex and I can get a rail for the back from other RTT suppliers.

Thanks again for your offer of assistance.

Eddie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears