Need extra rear height on my lifted WJ

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Just curious, so forgive me for the noob-sounding question...

I'm currenlty running a 4" Iron Rock Offorad lift on my WJ...unloaded my rear sags about an inch or so lower than my front. Loaded, I look like a pre-runner (4" in the front and 1 1/2" in the back!)

I recently removed my 2" budget boost and replaced it with my IRO lift. I would also like to use my 2" spacers for the rear only. Would that work without having to install anything else to accomodate, and if so, what kind of vibrations (if any) could I expect?

My rear tires rub going through some obstacles when I have it loaded with only a cooler and some simple camping items. I'm planning a pretty big trip in a few weeks, and will be loaded more, and don't want to feel like I'm dragging in the back (OK, minor exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

I appreciate any help here!

silvergrand

Adventurer
I installed a pair of Airlift 1000 bags inside my OME HD springs to correct for a slight drop when fully loaded (hunting gear, full size spare, etc). Easy install, corrected the problem and warrantied for life.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
I'm actually trying to avoid spending money I don't really have to. I already dropped a lot of cash on a new radiator, tune-up, and a new steering stabilizer. I have the spacers now so if I can do it, all I'm looking to spend on is a set of coil spring compressors and a 12 pack of Fat Tire for when I'm done!

Jeffb79

Observer
You should be able to with little problems. The ride might not be as great though. I know quite a few people that run spacers up front to compensate for the extra weight of bumper/winch/skids and they've had no problems.

jeepboyd

Observer
don't think it would be a problem. however i would talk to who you got the lift from as they might have ssent you the wrong springs to start with.

juicexj24

Observer
I'll post up a pic of mine today, but I run 3" IRO coils, 3/4" spacer upfront from KOR and 3/8" OME Trim Spacer in the rear.

The fronts of these sit low, or a rack. The trim spacer in the rear is the same part number as the TJ's so they are easy to find and cheap. I would also take to Josh at IRO to get a suggestion.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
jeepboyd said:
don't think it would be a problem. however i would talk to who you got the lift from as they might have ssent you the wrong springs to start with.

I did once, and their solution was purchasing a long arm kit. $$$$$ Cha-ching!

I think I'm going to try it. If it works then cool! If not, I'll take them off. I don't drive it like a sportscar anyway, and I'm pretty careful around curves & turns.

juicexj24

Observer
A few pics as promised. Those are 235/85r16 Toyo Open Country's on JK wheels.

Attachments

• 100_1765 (Custom).JPG
    100_1765 (Custom).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_1766 (Custom).JPG
    100_1766 (Custom).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1767 (Custom).JPG
    100_1767 (Custom).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 34

Forum statistics

Threads