Need FJ Cruiser advice

STREGA

Explorer
Blind spots are for people who don't know how to use their mirrors properly.

:xxrotflma I drive a school bus we have more mirrors than anything out there, you learn to depend on them. The FJ blind spot complaint is overblown IMO. Yes you do have to pay attention while driving, but you should be anyway.

Brushhog, the more you drive it the more you will like it maybe even become some what obsess with it. If you can swing it you should bring it out to the FJ Cruiser summit @ Ouray this July, its a fun event and a great way to check out other peoples FJ's and get real world advice on mods that you might be interested in. Doug :friday:

brushogger

Explorer
I wish we could make it to the summit, but we already have a trip from Mexico to Canada on the continental divide trail scheduled the last week of July and first week of August. Well try and make it in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brushogger

Explorer
I've been doing a lot of research on this and have decided to go with the Aluminess bumper and Warn 9.5xp winch. Its still very strong and is 100lb lighter than the ARB and 60 lb lighter than the Demello. I'm going to try and keep the weight down as much as possible on this build.

STREGA

Explorer
I've been doing a lot of research on this and have decided to go with the Aluminess bumper and Warn 9.5xp winch. Its still very strong and is 100lb lighter than the ARB and 60 lb lighter than the Demello. I'm going to try and keep the weight down as much as possible on this build.

Its a good choice IMO, weight is something you have to watch with the FJ. Every mod that I have done to my FJ has been carefully considered as to need/function vs weight it will add. With the Aluminess bumper you can also have a winch for the same weight as the typical steel bumper alone. As long as your not doing hardcore rockcrawling it will do just fine. The folks at Aluminess were great to do buisness with also.

Doing the Continental Divide would be a blast, its on the bucket list for sure.

catman155

After living with your Man-A-Fre auxillary fuel tank for a while do you have any suggestions or insight into how it has been. Do you have problems of any sort. I ordered one for my 2014 FJ a couple of days ago.
Thanks,
S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior