Need Help Choosing a 255 75 17

ToyCarrier

Observer
Well, I thought I had it narrowed down to Hankook DynaPro's but now i'm not so sure. I am after a 255 75 17 tire which doesn't have that many options. Why that size? Well, I want a full 32" tire but I do not want something very wide to keep the MPG's at a reasonable amount and avoid rubbing. What are some other options? I'd like to go with a light tire but it needs to have a good tread pattern to help me get places with relative ease.

Should I try looking at a different similar size? If so, what would you recommend. My Jeep is a 2008 Grand Cherokee with a 3" OME HD lift.

Any help would be great!

Jeff

deadbeat son

Explorer
Tread Depot shows a Cooper ST Maxx coming soon in that size, and it's a load range C tire. That one has my attention, as this is one of my favorite sizes I have yet to run.

ToyCarrier

Observer
Deadbeat,

good find! Those look like great tires but Tread Depot lists them at 53lbs each. I wonder if that's accurate. That's a 10lbs more than an equivalent sized Goodyear silent armor or 15lbs more than the Dynapro ATM (38lbs).

Jeff

Mowgli

Supporting Sponsor
Why not go with the rubicon takes offs? Bfg mud terrains in 255 75 17. People are always getting rid of them

deadbeat son

Explorer
Deadbeat,

good find! Those look like great tires but Tread Depot lists them at 53lbs each. I wonder if that's accurate. That's a 10lbs more than an equivalent sized Goodyear silent armor or 15lbs more than the Dynapro ATM (38lbs).

Jeff

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that. I noticed the BFG KM I used to run in that size weighs 47 lbs. It's surprising to me the ST Maxx is 6 lbs heavier than that. I'll be interested to see if that number is accurate as these tires hit production, or if it's just a guess until they're available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman