Need help with pathfinder equipment dual-a-matic hubs

Drsuzuki06

I have a 1977 gmc 35 series pathfinder conversion and am looking to change out the dual-a-matic hubs with a warn if possible . does anyone have a Warn part number that will work or a replacement brand and series that would work .
please respond to kmckay@compasscompression.com . Thanks

dsw4x4

Adventurer
I used to run into jeeps with the dualamatic hubs on 44s if you have a picture of them that would help.
Also if they are internal spline or external and what axle is it.
Derek

el-cid

Observer
Pathfinder is still in business. Call Gordon or e-mail him and he'll help you decide the appropriate replacement hubs. He sells replacements too.

Drsuzuki06

I have both e mailed and called Pathfinder , I have been waiting for 10 days and have not had a response from them , I guess the only reason that i would like to change out the hubs is due to the fact that replacement parts or info seems to be hard to get. Hopfully they get back to me soon winter is coming and I do not think I will get by with out the front axle hubs locking in.

el-cid

Observer
It looks like all the Pathfinder K-Vans (Chevy & GMC) up to '78 should have a Dana 44 with the "Spicer big hubs". Pathfinder does have replacement manual hubs here, but you still need to get a hold of Gordon to order from him. I know he travels a bit and he might just be doing Pathfinder stuff in between other stuff now, I'm not sure. You should be able to go into a local parts store and get Warn replacement hubs. You may need to find a parts store with someone who actually knows about old stuff and doesn't just plug info into the computer terminal to find your parts though.

*Edit: yikes!! those are expensive hubs!!*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger