need opinions on suspension

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I just did an OME kit all around. Love it so far. Handles great. Nice ride. Just need to get it dirty to really test it out.
Look at the last page of my build thread in my sig to see before and after shots.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I got the 885s and did not extend the brake lines. Yet. I want to. Post up your pics when you get your set up.

Cytocycle

Observer
it will be a few weeks. but i am debating weather or not to extend the brake lines or not.

Get Stainless Steel brakes lines to get better braking feel and more control!! made a huge difference on my 2012, then again I am obsessive about brake feel because of motorcycle racing. with an ARB bumper on my 2012 and TJM 9000lb winch with synthetic line i am running 700lb springs. front end is sprung perfectly, and the Dakar leaf pack is so much better than the stock TRD crap on my 2012.

thats the plan, i will be doing stainless lines. when you put the lines on did you bleed it like any other car? or was there a special way about doing it? because i know the master on the 2012 tacomas have all that ATRAC crap on it. and i wasnt sure if it was any different.

hornytoad

Desert Geologist
I havne't done mine yet but bleeding the brakes on a car that has ABS or traction control is not a bit deal. You want to go for a spin after you bleed your brakes and make the ABS/traction control kick in. (at you favorite empty parking lot) Plus this helps "bed" in you new pads and rotors.

Then come back to the house and bleed them one more time to make sure all the air bubbles are out.
At least this is what I do.

well i went ahead and ordered an old man emu kit, 886 springs, and wheelers offroad extended stainless brake lines. everything came tonight. hopefully i get to install everything tomorrow!! IMG_2925.jpg

yea have a feeling it will be fun fun... good thing i am going it at my weekend job, with every mechanic tool, and a lift! i bought sliders aswell, and tried installing them last night.... what a pain in the *** drilling all those holes.

keezer37

Explorer
yea have a feeling it will be fun fun... good thing i am going it at my weekend job, with every mechanic tool, and a lift! i bought sliders aswell, and tried installing them last night.... what a pain in the *** drilling all those holes.

Yeah, after the first two holes I went out and got a nice new Cobalt bit for that job.

If it's not too late, make sure you take note of the +,o,- (slight over, at spec, slight under) marks on the leaf springs and put the higher spec leaf on the driver side.

too late, but it doesnt seem to be bad at all. the install didn't take too long. its always nice to have a lift :ylsmoke: here are some pictures of the install. so far i am impressed by the suspension, i am going to take it for a drive tomorrow morning, i can feel its drives rougher, i am curious how the handling is. Also we had a pretty sick E30 come into the shop today as well, a 360hp e30 its also forsale for 17,000$ its absolutely beautiful! IMG_2927.jpgIMG_2928.jpgIMG_2929.jpgIMG_2931.jpgIMG_2932.jpgIMG_2933.jpgIMG_2934.jpgIMG_2936.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78