Need some opinions and some advice.

iamdanwoody

Observer
I am in the process of making a silverado expedition vehicle with a slight prerunner feel. I have an opening in the engine compartment for a second battery but then i realized that it would be a great spot for an ARB air comrpessor. If given the choice, would you go with the extra battery for more lights and accessories or an air compressor for lockers, tires, and tools? the batteries would require one of those bridges so the the price to put in two new batteries and other parts would cost around the same as an ARB compressor. OPINIONS?

ZMagic97

Explorer
Are you planning on running a lot of lights for long periods of time, a fridge, winch....etc?

If not, go for the compressor. I think a compressor is worth it's weight in gold on the trails.

If you needs lots of power, get the second battery.

For comparison: my Jeep has a fridge, 20" Rigid Industries light bar, winch, and stereo system and I do not have a second battery. (But my one battery is a deep cycle one). Also, I plan on getting a compressor for airing up tires in the future. I will still have one battery at the point too.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
^^^This^^^. A deep cycle and compressor isa great start. You can always put a second battery in or under the box later.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
To me it really depends on whether or not your truck is 4wd. When you say a prerunner feel then I think 2wd. If your truck is in fact 2wd then airing down your tires will become an essential tool to off road travel. Hence the need for a compressor. In a 4wd truck you can get away with highway pressures more often than not, so maybe the battery is a better way to go. You can always put the compressor somewhere on the frame rail and still have under hood space for the extra battery as well.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I like simple- Detroit in lieu of ARBs, and Powertank for air. Yes, the tank needs filled occasionally, and some don't like Detroits. But, a compressor needs service, and maintenance, and ARBs can snag an airline, or if you lose the compressor, you lose lockers...
KISS (keep it simple stupid, or in todays terms, keep it stupid simple)principle seldom lets you down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman