Need wheels for my rig

Carl2500

Observer
Alright I'm on the hunt for some new wheels/tires fast, as I don't want to buy a replacement for the flat I've got.

The truck will be used alot on the highway, to get to the places I want to go off road.

I need them to perform well in snow.

I plan on hauling a camper, so the truck will be fairly heavy.

I'm looking for a tire 37"-42" tall.

I don't want them to break the bank, and want them to last for a while.

I appreciate any suggestions

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I just bought General Grabber AT2 (315/75/16 so 35") at http://www.treadepot.com/ for $169 shipped, no tax, before discounts. Then another $75 off on 4 from Treadepot (now a $50 coupon) and $50 back from General, so $137.75 each. I'm very happy with the lack of noise (my primary concern), and the tread pattern looks good for our snow (minor snow here). I also like the aggressive rim protector flange on the tire (helps protect pricey rims).
That size won't work for you, but a recomendation for treadepot for a search for ones in your size.

CapelConcepts

Observer
They aren't cheap, but the 37" Goodyear MTRs are a great tire. They come in an E load range if you get them on 17" wheels. I had a set on my '02 F-150 (I know it's quite a bit lighter) and they wore really well. I think I had about 20K on them when I sold the truck and they had more than 50% tread left!

I do agree with Mog, though. If you can live with 35"s they Generals sound hard to beat! I have a friend getting ready to put them on his '96 Dodge Ram CTD because of the cost and the tread wear warranty.

lenmakya

Alright I'm on the hunt for some new wheels/tires fast, as I don't want to buy a replacement for the flat I've got.

The truck will be used alot on the highway, to get to the places I want to go off road.

I need them to perform well in snow.

I plan on hauling a camper, so the truck will be fairly heavy.

I'm looking for a tire 37"-42" tall.

I don't want them to break the bank, and want them to last for a while.

I appreciate any suggestions
There are various brands that you can choose from depending on the kind that you are comfortable and that which suits the car. Check out: www.clicktire.com . They have a great range of tires and wheels and I’m sure you will find the right ones to suit your needs.

Darwin

Explorer
You might want to check out some military Hmvvee tire take offs. You can find some of the 37" military radial oz tires with 95% tread or better for 100 dollars a tire. Only problem is they require a 16.5 inch rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78