Neighbor offered me a Suburban for $1000. Trying to say no...

goin camping

Explorer
So my neighbor mentioned she wanted to get rid of her Suburban. It's a 91 2500 Silverado 4X4 says "Fuel Injection." on the tailgate.

The paint is lousy and she says the engine leaks/burns oil even though it was rebuilt before she got it. On the plus side it's cheap and since we live in the desert (Hence the bad paint) it has no rust. Interior is decent too.

Problem is I already have a Suburban, two jeeps and an Army ambulance. The Mrs. is understanding but...

What does the collective say?

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
You dont need it, I would put the resources toward one of your other projects... A grand can get you some nice parts....

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Since the talk has gone all ambulance, I'll try to give you my thoughts. What could you do to one of your jeeps, the sub you already have, or the ambulance for $1000? If none of them need anything, then where could you go on $1000? It doesn't sound like the neighbors sub is anything special, so I would just keep the cash for something I wanted for my other rigs. You have a list of stuff you want, right?

crismateski

American Adventurist
Since the talk has gone all ambulance, I'll try to give you my thoughts. What could you do to one of your jeeps, the sub you already have, or the ambulance for $1000? If none of them need anything, then where could you go on $1000? It doesn't sound like the neighbors sub is anything special, so I would just keep the cash for something I wanted for my other rigs. You have a list of stuff you want, right?

valid point, $1000 dollars is 250 gallons of gas, where can that take you

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Hell I think almost anyone would grab it at that price for a winter beater up here

but it is smoking & all I say pass it up

$1K towards your other projects will go a long ways

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Sounds like you have better projects and more fun to be had with that $1,000. Plus your hesitation already shows you fully expect an ear-full from the better half. Save her the stress/energy, save yourself the problems that come with another project, and spend the money on a trip or new gear for existing projects! More fun that way. That's the way to go... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan