Neon mods?

Cruiser

Adventurer
So far my mods to my neon have been basic and few.. Mounted a bike rail to the a-frame/tongue of the trailer but I'm really wanting to go fullsize on the wheels. Have a new axle planned and I'm building a set of new fenders from a set from a pair that looks to be made similar to a 416. Really thinking about dropping this small tub onto a stronger frame.. like a 5x12 utility trailer and making a cargo area for the dirt bike and gear that would double as a deck/porch so you could walk out the back door and not into mud.. I remember seeing some pop-ups mounted on flatbeds before.. did a search but came up with everything but..
What else to do to the little neon.. I do have my pumps and one the frame is settled I'm ordering my water tank..

bugnout

Adventurer
I'm in the same boat. I bought my Neon last year and have yet to mod it.

Want to match wheel tire combo to tow vehicle. I've test fitted a set of 16x7 with 4.5" backspacing. No joy, looks like need at least another inch of backspacing on each side. New Axle or spacers??

Want to change the suspension; YJ leafs and shocks most likely, maybe airbags over leafs.

Think I've found aluminum fenders from Tractor Supply that will work. need to finish putting it on new wheels first.

Bought a Max-Coupler, yet to install it. Also like to make the tonge adjustable length so I can use the bed without unhitching from the TV.

Good idea on the 5x12, like the thought of having a porch.

Cruiser

Adventurer
Here is a quick pic of mine loaded up almost ready to run out to the jersey pines with my old bike,, a ktm 625 sxc.. the bike weighs about 315#'s..
232323232%7Ffp733%3B6%3Enu%3D3254%3E84%3B%3E6%3C2%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B3%3A53%3B9432%3Anu0mrj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger