Nevada Trophy 2008

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
from Mr. Green:

Dear Participants... and Hopeful's;

It's that time again... Time for another Nevada Adventure like no other. NEVADA TROPHY 2008 is Sept 26-28;
Please get your entry forms (4) completed and in before the dated line (9/20 become post entry at $350.00 per car).

Attached is a flyer and hotel information, plus additional entry forms.

Starting order is based on date of entry submitted; First to pay-First to leave start.

For those New people and those who've been with NVTR for year... THE IS NOT A RACE! But an off-road adventure held on public roads and trails. In easy terms it's an off-road treasure hunt... Meaning you will be searching for a 2" dia tag via LONG/LAT.
Each Team (2 cars) will have a set Out-Time and In-Time, hence you're battling the clock (normally 15-hours per day) and your own route, driving at YOUR pace.

The object is to collect as many points in the time allotted (each way point has a points value from 100 to 2000 points). In addition, there will be special tasks along the way where you can earn more points. The down side is... Don't be late coming in, as here you'll lose points!

In the end it's all great fun and adventure! Where else can you get 30 hours of off-road driving & playing in one of the greatest play grounds in the west? And have someone covering your back too! New participants are encouraged to join us... we were all novices at one time. And new people have done great in the past! So don't sit home wondering, Experience NEVADA TROPHY! www.offroadexperience.com for photos of past events.

Still learning how to operate you GPS?
We offer a GPS/NAV class, or you can go to www.geocaching.com and plug in you zip code and find geocaches (waypoints) near your home!

And noooooooooo... you don't need to modify your car to compete. Stock Rover's have won more times than not!

Each car MUST have a Driver & Navigator.
No passengers permitted.

West Coast Mags

Adventurer
Sounds fun, if anyone from Phoenix needs a co-pilot to help with costs let me know, I'd like to participate but my vehicle will be in build up.

jcbrandon

Explorer
soundpony said:
I would love to do this!
CW
As would I.
Welcome to the ExPo community, soundpony. And to the Lake Tahoe area. I'm just over the Carson Range from you, in Gardnerville, Nevada.

I've been interested in the Nevada Trophy competition for a while but timing and other things have never aligned to make it happen. This postponement might work in my favor. It appears that entries are still open.

Pretty sure I'm better behind the wheel than on the GPS. So I'd prefer to pair up with a navigator and enter in my truck. (2007 Dodge Power Wagon, Hemi, 33s, 4.56 gears, underbody armor, rock rails, 12,000-pound winch, front and rear lockers, on-board air, 350-mile offroad fuel range, 2,000-pound payload, four doors.)

I know at least a couple of ExPo members were planning to enter the event this month. No idea how the delay may affect them or their teammates.

So, anybody interested in forming a team of one or more vehicles to enter the event this coming spring?

May I suggest a meet-and-greet sometime between now and Thanksgiving, somewhere in Northern Nevada, to say howdy and discuss interests and possible teams?

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
I too am interested in the NVTC for 2009 but coming from Kanukistan I need a bit of notice to prepare and combine the trip with some other adventure. Please keep me posted for NVTC 2009 and I would like to help out if I can.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I think our team of 4 (2-cars both with a driver and navigator) are still solid for the 2009. The sooner they pick new dates and start registration the better.

soundpony

Adventurer
Thanks for the invite! Interested but traveling to South America for Dakar Rally on KTM950 and hanging in Buenos Aires with girlfriend make it unsure. Surely would make effort if I was around and would also like to meet in Northern Nevada (Carson city, Minden, etc.)

I love this area! Mtn biking at Downieville CA this weekend simply awesome!

Chas Walter
Tahoe City

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12