Nevada Trophy 2009

Scott Brady

Founder
This is a really fun event. I competed a few years ago.

NEVADA TROPHY 2009 is scheduled for April 17th - 19th 2009.

Tech: Thursday 2pm-Midnight, April 16
Start: Friday 8am, April 17
Re-start: Saturday -TBA, April 18
Awards Breakfast: Sunday 9am, April 19

Host Hotel & Start Location TBA.

More at http://www.offroadexperience.com

If you have already submitted paperwork for the 2008 event, well will honor those.
Those not having already registered, download application forms from our website.

Don't miss out on one of the most exciting off-road/on-road 4wd-navigational events in North America. Over two-days you'll drive every type of road known to man in the Great Basin of Northern Nevada, your Navigator & GPS pointing the way. Along the way you'll be searching for Waypoints in order to earn point of 100 to 1000 with your GPS and maps. You'll no doubt bump in to a physical or driving task that will earn you further points. Team with the highest score Sunday morning WINS! For safety reasons, due to the vast wilderness we could be in, participants are Teamed up, meaning 2 cars = a Team. Put your own team together, or organizers will pair you with someone.

For over 12 years ORE has been leading the way with Adventure, competition and fun. Our event pre-dates Geocaching! If you seek to practice your GPS skills log on & join www.geocaching.com

NVTR2009 is open to any/all 4wd (with a low-range transfer) vehicle... must be street legal.

Each vehicle must have a Driver & Navigator - passengers are not permitted.

Please also read the updated 2009 Requiring Equipment document.

Physical ability a must, as their will be physical tasks ala NVTR and Camel Trophy... so please be healthy.

Entry fee $300.00 per car. Post entry $350.00 on/after April 9th, 2009.

Hope to see you in Nevada,

Michael Green

HOW TO CONTACT “ORE”
Our office is based in the S.F. Bay Area... at 190 Airway Blvd., Livermore, CA. 94551. Phone 925-606-8301.

Our E-mail address is: info@offroadexperience.com

See our web site for dates and locations and hotel info for future events.

http://www.offroadexperience.com/wcb/events.htm

Sponsored by: West Coast British www.offroadexperience.com/wcb

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Team Nevada was signed up and ready to go in 2008 until they postponed the event due to an organizer injury and other complications.

As long as I can rally our team members and vehicles, we are IN for 2009! :)

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I was really interested in doing this in 2008 but if they have it in the same proposed location there is just no way I can take that much time off to compete. I believe it was a 10+ hour drive from Phoenix and when you only work 4 days a week as it is getting extra time off can be difficult!

I also just realized my first fender bulge yesterday so I'm not sure how much heavy competition driving I should be doing!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Miss R2FJ said:
I was really interested in doing this in 2008 but if they have it in the same proposed location there is just no way I can take that much time off to compete. I believe it was a 10+ hour drive from Phoenix and when you only work 4 days a week as it is getting extra time off can be difficult!

Where was last years proposed location? I honestly didn't follow it closely enough to notice.

Miss R2FJ said:
I also just realized my first fender bulge yesterday so I'm not sure how much heavy competition driving I should be doing!

The dreaded FJC body rip... ouch! :smilies27

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
cruiseroutfit said:
Where was last years proposed location? I honestly didn't follow it closely enough to notice.

I believe it was near Lovelock, NV....about *correction* 13 hours from my house!

cruiseroutfit said:
The dreaded FJC body rip... ouch! :smilies27

Yes, yes I'm really surprised it hasn't happened sooner considering its an 07, but its a small little crack (at this point) only on the drivers side so I'm not going to freak out yet. I am however taking it in to the dealership this week to document it.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I have yet to participate, but my understanding of how it's run, spectating is not really possible.

As I understand it, the teams get a bunch of coordinates spread over a large part of Northwestern Nevada and about 12-15-hours to collect as many points as possible, complete special tasks, not run out of fuel or break the truck, etc :) :) and not be late back at the final check point. Oh, and you do it two days in a row.

No spot for spectators to hang-out.

Skim said:
Are spectators allowed ?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
spressomon said:
And an alcohol tank ....

Devil made me say that :wings:

Ah yes, as you know...I love a fine tequila, and a Vodka tonic, and unfiltered Sake and we can't forget aged Rum.

Oh, wait. You were talking about the meth injection system on the Cruiser weren't you. :friday:

Last edited:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
Ah yes, as you know...I love a fine tequila, and a Vodka tonic, and unfiltered Sake and we can't forget aged Rum.

Oh, wait. You were talking about the meth injection system on the Cruiser weren't you. :friday:

Now that's a great comeback J!

chapel

Nevada Trophy

I have done the Nevada Trophy 4 or 5 times. First with our Defender 90 then with a 4x4 Pinzgauer. It's a great event and alot of fun. It's not too gnarly and there is really no reason for body damage.
chapel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12