New 2016 Titan Released

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
hmmm. It looks like they took a design from each truck and put it all in one. I cant decide how I feel about it.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I can... I find it hideous.

The front end looks like a Chinese knockoff of the F-150, and from any other angle it looks like pretty well any other full size truck.

Makes me sad.

fortel

Adventurer
I agree that the front reminds me of Ford. First impression is that the proportions look a little jacked up to me, but I also know with time some of the styling cues with new vehicles tend to grow on you and become less noticeable. I like the minimal intrusion of the wheel wells into the bed space and the interior looks nice, maybe a little too nice and shiny for sweaty clothes and shedding dogs and other things that go with trucks being used as trucks. I'd like to see one in person before making a final call but I feel a little indifferent and "meh" based on the photos in the link.

skibum315

Explorer
Really bummed about the looks ... haven't seen anything on the pricing, I think that will make or break this truck.

Anecdotally, I'm not hopeful for it's prospects based on the responses I'm seeing this morning (threads like this, and comments on FB ...) ... time will tell, though. It's a bummer though, that the front end isn't more ... something ... hard to say exactly what it is about it, that I don't like, but the whole effect is more off-putting than endearing or even "it's not pretty but I like it".

Ryan Rogers

Adventurer
It is one ugly duck.

But I'll probably still go test drive one of the diesels when they hit the showrooms. I can't help it. I like diesel.

4 door diesel pro4-x. Doubt I'll be able to afford it though :(

Allof75

Pathfinder
Well if it's this ugly to so many people, maybe I could get a good deal on a diesel pro-4x down the line ️haha. I like the looks personally, everywhere but the front end, which is a little too generic, and just plain boring. The Chinese knockoff comment was spot on. The rest of it is pretty Ram like, in a good way. Here's hoping it's better in the flesh.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Yeah, the Titan is pretty bad and very confusing to look at not that the current Titan is much better looking. The interior looks great though and I think they were wise to stick with a column shifter opposed to a console shifter. They must have lofty goals the Cummins will attract buyers like flies to their ugly dung.

chet6.7

Explorer
I don't think it looks all that bad,in another color,a bumper and lights might make it work.They increased cooling capacity,that means bigger grille for the radiator,and of course the inter-cooler.
They have hit a size that may work as well,a little more than a 1/2T,not quite a 3/4T,I suspect they needed to do this because of the Cummins.
I know Nissan hired a former Dodge truck guy,so maybe there will not be a lot of first year bugs.
I thought they were working on a baby Duramax as well,I think that is what I saw on the Fast Lane Truck Youtube channel some time ago.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Looking more at the front end, I think the headlights are what is suspect, that combined with the bars in the grille look like an overgrown Suzuki Equator. Otherwise the rest of the design is ok.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
It isnt the prettiest thing I have seen but the option of a higher payload (XD) and a diesel makes this interesting

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Why is it that the current design trend for fullsize trucks must include a chrome grille the size of a barn door? That's my least favorite thing about all of the current options.

That being said, I don't think the new Titan looks bad. And I think the new Pro-4x looks pretty damn good. I like the styling at the back end a lot. Looking at it from the front 3/4 view, the grille does look kind of like a Ford, and I think the windshield and hood lines look like a Dodge. But take another look. The window lines and the way the windshield is raked and curved is 100% Titan. It's pretty difficult to find anything I seriously dislike about it to be honest. The interior looks pretty nice too. And with a diesel option, it's a pretty attractive truck.

It is a little bigger than I'd like though. Not sure why they didn't just keep it a half ton instead of making it a 5/8 ton. But whatever, Nissan has to do it's thing, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears