NEW 4x4 Photo of the Day Website

pwc

Explorer
Introducing Focus of the Day, a new website dedicated to delivering top notch, engaging photographs to your emailbox or RSS/Atom feed reader every day. The site itself is pretty plain as the true strength lies in the daily feeds.

The initial content are in two categories; US National Parks and 4x4's In Action. Click on http://focusoftheday.com/ and then pick your link or use the links at the bottom of this post. You'll be presented with a page to help you subscribe in your favorite reader or by email.

Pictures are posted around 8am Pacific Time every day with daily emails arriving between 9 and 11am for your viewing pleasure.

What's more, you can get involved!! You may submit as many photographs as you like in any of the listed categories by visiting this page. You retain copyright to your image. You may also include one or two links with your image (as well as a description) back to your own site if you like. Or just site back and let the pretty images show up daily. The choice is yours. I highly encourage you to submit any image you think others might find compelling.

If demand and submissions are high enough, we will start including more than one photo during the day to mix thing up a little.

Please let me know if you have any questions or find anything greatly amiss and feel free to share with anyone who might be interested. More Feeds will be added in April and May, including an Overland Travel feed.

thanks!

pwc

Subscribe to US National Parks Feed

Subscribe to 4x4's In Action Feed

pwc

Explorer
Here's a sample post from today. Recognize the truck? :) (no, they won't all be of Scott)
=============================

070402-093903-6841-thumb.jpg

Title: Scott Brady crossing May Creek

Description: Scott takes his Toyota across May Creek on his way up the Lake Isabelle Trail. Heavy rains can make the creek crossing impossible with high water and swift currents.

Photograph Copyright Peter Carey

To purchase this image as a desktop background or as a print, click here.​

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Cool site, but the photo submission function does not seem to work for me. IE7 or Firefox 2.0.0.13 on WinVista

pwc

Explorer
Ahhhhh...the fickleness of the internet at times. Give it another try now. I just confirmed twice that it's working again.

As a general guideline for the 4x4s in Action feed, make sure the truck(s) involved are doing or about to do something. Give a sense of action to the scene. If you have more scenic shots with a truck in them, that's better for the upcoming Overland Travel feed, so feel free to submit for that now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior