New 8000lb Winch for $175... is it worth it?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
In my opinion the M8000 used to be the best winch for the money bar non. Now it is priced right up there with superwinch and ramsey which are comparable if not slightly better. It's always bothered me how many warn distributors won't publish pricing for warn products.
Jason T.
They won't post prices because of an agreement they signed with Warn. Call the dealers and ask for a 20% discount off of publiched prices. They drop ship them so it's ussually no problem to only make a quick 50 bucks on them. If they won't play then call another. Try P.O.R.C. he will shoot you a good price just for the asking but the listed price is mandated by Warn.

computeruser

Explorer
We have them on sale now for (M8000 with roller fairlead) for $929 Canadian which works out to approx $695.00 USD, so you should find that kind of price south of the border. 2 years ago we used to sell these every day for $695 CDN, Warn did have a huge price increase at the beginning of 2009. The economy may very well have a lot to do with price increases due to a lower sales volume. Just business.

They can still be had for $629usd from a handful of internet sources...the version with 100' cable + roller fairlead.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Amazon has the M8000 for $679.99 including shipping.

Any forum sponsors want to match this? If so, I might place an order this weekend.

Want to keep the money in the family!

HanzoSteel

Explorer
Amazon has the M8000 for $679.99 including shipping.

Any forum sponsors want to match this? If so, I might place an order this weekend.

Want to keep the money in the family!

Holy cow, I was just going to refer you to Quadratec because they always had them at great prices but now I see them at over $800%$#@! Just last year they were under $500!

Outback

Explorer
I know this is an old thread but when it coms to a piece of equipment to get you unstuck then you should only buy a high quality item. Just My opinion.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Holy cow, I was just going to refer you to Quadratec because they always had them at great prices but now I see them at over $800%$#@! Just last year they were under $500!

Exactly! For under 5 bills it was a tough unit to beat for an 8K winch. Now it's priced equal or higher than some competitive units.
Jason T.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
At $175, be all over it. They are slow and by no means a Warn, but for that $$ your good. A friend of mine has the 10k version and it works good. If your not into hardcore wheeling that's a dirt cheap insurance policy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan