New 917AF Expeditions Truck

Joe

Observer
Hi Tim,

...and Joe, if you're reading....I would appreciate your specs for the engine tune you did to your truck, valve lifter clearances, injector nozzles and injection pressure.

in case you are referring to me: Sorry, I don't have any further details then specified here. Hope that helps!
Re. valve lifter clearances: He set them a little bit "closer" but for warranty issues I don't want to publish them and recommend to set to the technical specs from Mercedes Benz!

Neil

Observer
Can I just ask you guys some advice.

I have been looking out for a MB1017A with the OM352A engine.

I hadnt really looked at the 917

Can you tell me if the 917 has the same Chassis as the 1017 but has just been down plated or is it a totally different design and construction.

The reason I ask is that my vehicle ( When Built ) will probably come in at about 8000 Kgs and I felt that it would be better to run on a chassis that still has some spare capacity.

However, if the 917 is the same chassis with a downplated weight, then it opens up my range of vehicles a bit.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Neil

Essex UK

Joe

Observer
Hi Neil,

THE Neil from "Pat & Neil"?? :)
The 917 is a newer generation, the frame is lighter, so 9t is the max.
The 1017 was as well available as a 1217, the only difference I know is the rear axle (planetary or hypoid style), so the chassis is much stronger. I am not sure if the 1517 has the same frame.

In case you don't get any additional answers here, you can raise the question as well here: http://www.allrad-lkw-gemeinschaft.de Don't worry, english isn't a problem there. And if you are THAT Neil you know it anyhow! :)

Cheers

Joe

canals1164

Observer
neil

I have 917af which we are converting it has a gvw of 9.5t, the chassis cab is 4540 kg so I am hoping we should be well in. I am suprised though how much twist the chassis has we are making sub frame but it will need plenty of clearance.
Ian
Warks

Neil

Observer
Thanks for the info guys

Hi Joe, might catch up with with you this year, maybe at Bad Kissingen or Willys Treffen

regards

Neil ( & Pat )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior