New addition to my family!

Saiyan66

Adventurer
2012 Ram 2500 Cummins (with updated pics)

Well I would like to introduce you all to Emma, the newest member of our family. She was conceived on December 1, 2011 and delivered on March 8, 2012. She is a beautiful little thing and my wife and I love her dearly.

15hjy38.jpg

She is a 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Big horn, 4x4, Cummins, 6spd manual, and the color is Timberline Green Pearl. Ordered with 3.73 gears, limited slip diff, skidplates, bedliner, and the power seats. She wont be given the full "expo" treatment, but she will serve my family well for the next 30 years I hope. So far I have debadged the truck and taken off the vinyl stickers they put on the door pillars between the windows. Cant wait to continue the mods and watch her grow.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Wow! Very green! So green you don't even need to run veggie oil:sombrero:! Congrats though! I drive a 6.7 with a six speed at work and man it is suh-weet!

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Thanks guys for the kind words, I will be trying to get some bigger tires on there soon. Tires are expensive though so I might have to wear these out first. Probably gonna start with a leveling kit and 35's when the checkbook cools off.

Last edited:

Halligan

Adventurer
Thanks guys for the kind words, I will be trying to get some bigger tires on there soon. Tires are expensive though so I might have to wear these out first. Probably gonna start with a leveling kit and 35's when the checkbook cools off.

Nice truck. I'm real happy with my ram 2500 and it's treated me well. I think you should look into Carli when you want to upgrade the suspension. IMHO, As good as your truck looks, it would look bad *** with blacked out bumpers and wheels.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Nice truck. I'm real happy with my ram 2500 and it's treated me well. I think you should look into Carli when you want to upgrade the suspension. IMHO, As good as your truck looks, it would look bad *** with blacked out bumpers and wheels.

It will definitely be getting high quality suspension eventually, either Thuren or Carli. I have talked alot with Don and he has given me great advice on low budget stuff to do right now before getting the full treatment. I have gone back and forth about the blacked out look, and I think for now im gonna stick with chrome. It will be an interesting mix when all is said and done, but I will do my best to keep it tasteful. And you wont see 20" wheels on my truck. EVER!

Tbird

Observer
Congrats!

Your gonna need to get her off-road and get some desert pin-stripping to make her feel loved. :sombrero:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Well just a little update since it has been a while since I have posted regarding my truck. I have done a few mods and have had some good results so I will share those here.

List of mods done thus far:

5" Flo Pro turbo back exhaust w/muffler
Shibby full EGR & cooler delete
Shibby delete plugs for wire harness
H & S XRT Pro tuner
AFE stage 2 intake with Pro Guard 7 filter
Glacier Diesel Performance 2 micron auxiliary fuel filter kit
Discreet lockable weapons storage
Had clear lens headlight mod done
Trimmed lower valance on front bumper
Removed sway bar
Weather Tech digital fit floor mats

I am at work right now so there aren't any pics handy to show you guys, but I will get some up when I get home. Might be a couple weeks though. Ok and now some feedback on the mods since that is what really matters.

Exhaust: overall it sounds good and isn't too loud on the highway if you keep the RPM's below 2k. Does add significant noise when towing due to extra load on motor. Much more turbo whistle (which I think is cool). Dropping the transmission crossmember to get the stock downpipe out is a PITA. One of the rear exhaust hangers on either the exhaust or frame will have to be modified to eliminate a metal on metal rattle. It is a known problem with the Flo Pro exhaust, but the price is so good that you can't really knock it. Bonus: this exhaust is about 200lbs lighter than the stock one. I did not run the last tail section of the exhaust and just chose to dump it after the axle.
357qbn8.jpg

rw3qfc.jpg

1427a8k.jpg

EGR deletes: really cleans up the engine compartment and keeps soot out of your intake manifold. The EGR components are a PITA to remove so be prepared if you plan on doing it. It does remove about 60lbs of junk though which is a plus. No difference in noise or mileage associated with this mod. On a side note: I am not looking forward to putting all this stuff back on every 2 years for CA smog.
1z3z1oy.jpg

Wire harness plugs: straightforward concept, keeps mud and stuff out of your wire harness while all your gizmos are unplugged. Unfortunately there isn't a complete set for the 2012's. At least all the ones under the truck are plugged.

H & S XRT Pro: I chose this tuner because I don't need adjustable power levels on the fly, it is stealth because it doesn't sit on your dash, and it is less expensive. Install is cake, and there are a lot of settings options to chose from. I will always run on stock power because the truck doesn't need more HP/TQ, and it doesn't add any stress to the drivetrain. I have noticed an honest 3mpg improvement in all driving situations since doing this mod. I drive easy and your mileage may vary. Bonus: this allows you to turn on cool features of the truck like high beams w/fogs and stuff like that.

AFE intake: I got the model with the best filter on it because I spend a lot of time off road in dusty environments. There is supposedly a power gain with this intake, but it is tough to notice in seat of the pants feel. The fit of the product is about 90%, you have to do a little manipulation with the silicone boot and clamps to get it to line up with the air box. The sound increase is significant, especially with the exhaust brake on. Sounds like a Peterbuilt (git-er-done!).
5e6329.jpg

amcxtg.jpg

GDP filter kit: High quality parts, perfect placement of everything under the hood. Pretty easy to install too. I was dreading working with the fuel lines and such but the hardest part is reaching up from under the truck to reattach one of the new fuel lines. So far so good, gives me extra peace of mind that my injectors are protected.
255p0mf.jpg

Gun vault: PM for details.

Clear headlight mod: I had this done by Jeremy @ retroshop.us. It was $100 and I am pleased with the results. He essentially takes the lens apart, removes the orange reflector, and then reseals the assembly. The turn around time was an issue and an inconvenience so make sure you work that out ahead of time. Looks great on my truck because the orange reflector really clashed with the green color. I will be upgrading bulbs soon and will be doing a before and after night time photo comparison so stay tuned for that. He can also do HID and projector installs as well if that is your thing.

Trimmed valance: easy to do, looks much better, improved approach angle. Not much more to say. You can find out how to do it with a search on cumminsforum.com.
2ppin12.jpg

2gwf42w.jpg

Sway bar removed: I tried this because I drive a lot of dirt roads with pot holes/washboard on only one side. With the sway bar attached it would transmit those bump forces through the whole truck. With it removed the suspension is much more able to do its job. Didn't notice a lot of increased sway after taking it off, so I will stick with the way it is for now and see how it handles when the truck gets a 3" lift. Also removes 50lbs from the front end of the truck.

Weather Tech mats: these are AWESOME! They run about $200 and can be ordered straight from the company. They fit perfect to every contour in the truck. Even my wife who is not a car person noticed them and said, "Ooohh those are nice I want some for my car". That says it all folks.

One more thing to add. For those of you who are not deleted, please check your oil for fuel dilution frequently and change as needed. These things dump fuel and soot into the oil like you would not believe when they are stock. Well thats it for now, I will update with pics when I can.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman