New ARB products debuted at SEMA

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
ARB has their own fridge now. They are no longer using the re-branded Engel units as they have been for years and years. The new fridge features the popular Danfoss compressor, recessed handles, built in thermometer, internal LED, 3 year warranty, 47 liter, ~48 lbs. All the usual accessories will be available :cool:

SEMA%20003%20(Small).jpg

The popular ARB Adventure Light has now moved to LED, much brighter with lower power consumption.

SEMA_2008%20058%20(Small).jpg

The Simpson II tent got a revision, a new matress, better awning design that no longer requires the guy lines, better hardware and far better material with sealed seams and countless minor changes all aimed at improved service life and ease of use. I'm told this will be proprietary to the ARB Simpson III, and not available on the other similar models on the market.

SEMA_2008%20051%20(Small).jpg

SEMA_2008%20052%20(Small).jpg

The popular IPF 968's got a revision, they now include a grill. The grill come standard at the same price point, and can be removed for use with the clear covers.

SEMA_2008%20061%20(Small).jpg

Additionally I spent a couple of hours in tech seminars with the ARB & OME engineers :cool: Look forward to new suspension options to compliment some of the older Land Cruisers and Rovers as well as continued development of new model suspensions.

Contact an ARB dealer for more information.

Last edited:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
cruiseroutfit said:
Look forward to new suspension options to compliment some of the older Land Cruisers ... Contact an ARB dealer for more information.
So contacted. What's the scoop? ...wait...wait...don't tell me...an 864J spring? (oh pretty please?) :)

cruiseroutfit

pskhaat said:
So contacted. What's the scoop? ...wait...wait...don't tell me...an 864J spring? (oh pretty please?) :)

New shock valving options (heavier) for the 100 Series, Tacoma, FJC & 4Runner as of right now. With more in the works. They realized how many in the market are really outfitting their rigs above and beyond their current offerings. Also a locker for the 200 Series (Tundra) front will be available shortly :cool:

Don't think we'll see too much for the 80 coils, there are already 8 different rear options. A 864J would be cool, closest would be the 421, same free height but 280 lbs/in versus the robust 320 lbs/in on the 864. I'll mention it to them though. That might be a popular coil.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I thought the tent looked like it had been revamped. Better fabric, aluminum riveted trim plates, etc.

Nice to know they are listening to the marketplace and improving their RTT offering!

Pskhaat

cruiseroutfit said:
A 864J would be cool...I'll mention it to them though. That might be a popular coil.

I've debated going 868. I like the weight of the 864, but I don't like the height. Any suggestions other than just add a spacer?

cruiseroutfit

pskhaat said:
I've debated going 868. I like the weight of the 864, but I don't like the height. Any suggestions other than just add a spacer?

The problem with the 868's is they really bump up the spring rate (360 lbs/in), so it will give you the added height you want (864/868 have same free height), but your going to get a stiffer ride. Noticeable or intolerable? Hard to say.

Get me a fender lip to hub center measurement on your truck as it sits and tell me about the build of your rig. I've got a excel calculator I build to compare different coils given some standard loading scenarios. Using your known measurement I can interpolate for the rear weight of your vehicle, plug that info back in and we can see what the other coils would do for you height wise.

Pskhaat

cruiseroutfit said:
Get me a fender lip to hub center measurement on your truck as it sits and tell me about the build of your rig. I've got a excel calculator I build to compare different coils given some standard loading scenarios. Using your known measurement I can interpolate for the rear weight of your vehicle, plug that info back in and we can see what the other coils would do for you height wise.

Sounds great, and will do that and I might even start a new non-hijack thread to discuss :) You can be assured with 5 people (2 in 3rd row seats) and big dog in the Cruiser filled to the brim with a 2200 atop makes the 864s look like a cheap domestic lift. I had to resort this last summer to a hitch wart platform to keep all the crap that wouldn't fit inside. I think it is safe to assume bare minimum GVWR.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks for posting this thread!!

Looks as if ARB did some good things:
SEMA%20003%20(Small).jpg

Moving the controls out front is nice. Hopefully they made it easier to replace any batteries for temperature displays. Degrees or Celsius would be good. It doesn't look as if the lid can open to the side. That would be a nice option. Maybe a built-in LED light too.

cruiseroutfit

pskhaat said:
Sounds great, and will do that and I might even start a new non-hijack thread to discuss :) You can be assured with 5 people (2 in 3rd row seats) and big dog in the Cruiser filled to the brim with a 2200 atop makes the 864s look like a cheap domestic lift. I had to resort this last summer to a hitch wart platform to keep all the crap that wouldn't fit inside. I think it is safe to assume bare minimum GVWR.

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure it might be helpful to any other 80 series owners looking for the right spring.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
cruiseroutfit said:
Oh, and a bird tells me ARB has some new alloy roof racks in the works :cool:

It would be nice if they had something specifically for a 4Runner rather then a Prado version that has to be made to fit. ;)

cruiseroutfit

spressomon said:
Uh oh...Kurt your gettin' yourself backed into a corner here ;)

Well technically you asked if they were making changes to their existing racks :shakin:

Seriously though, the new alloy racks wern't even discussed at SEMA, this is really new news. I don't expect to see any of them stateside for 6 months or more? And at this point I don't have any information on what applications, sizes, etc. Also I'd expect they continue with their steel racks, but its just a guess at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman