New Cheap and Easy Tool Organizer for the Bike Room

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
My wife and I life in a 3 bedroom home which is great because we have the master bedroom, an office (the wife's in Med. school), and my bike room. The bike room is the smallest of all the rooms and has much more than bikes in it. However, bikes are the most numerous and largest items so it is called, "the Bike Room." Depending on business (I repair, tune, build-up, and restore bikes from home as a side hobby) and my obsession with all things bike, there is usually somewhere between 8 and 14 bikes in the room, plus surfboards, snowboards, wetsuits, camping gear, running gear, etc. Needless to say things get crowded so sometimes I've been known to spread out into other rooms. To help alleviate this issue I worked up a little door hanging system to get my tools out of bins and boxes on the floor and utilize more "wall" space. Here are the pictures of my very quick, cheap, and easy solution.

DSC03516.jpg

The hangers are a little bent because I had to bend them to screw in the wood. Not a problem because I have plenty of clearance between the door and the door frame.
DSC03519.jpg

I used sticky felt pads to keep the brackets from scratching the door and reducing banging noise.
DSC03520.jpg

The coolest part is that I could easily take this off and move it onto any door in the house if we ever decided to switch up the rooms or move. Also, the closest door is still fully functional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears