New Conqueror Compact owner

XJBANKER

Explorer
I am thinking of moving my wolf packs to the other side of the trailer. When my wife packs clothes for her and gabby, There does not seem to be enough room in them. So I think that we are going to do bags that can be on that side instead. Also she has a hard time with the latches to open and close the door inside.

How do you guys have that side set up now to store all of your cooking needs?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
IMG_8643.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

My little girl loves to camp!:wings:

IMG_8698.jpg

Cute Daughter and great pics! Nice job. Memories to last a life time. :wings:

Honu

lost on the mainland
I am thinking of moving my wolf packs to the other side of the trailer. When my wife packs clothes for her and gabby, There does not seem to be enough room in them. So I think that we are going to do bags that can be on that side instead. Also she has a hard time with the latches to open and close the door inside.

I always roll my clothes they seem to fit better :)

funny how the tent pole covers are so different on the models ? I like mine very easy to get into and get the poles in and out

I am going to redo my cooking side completely and will post pics as I work on it :)
but when I first got my trailer I ripped out the foam for the kitchen stuff and put in shelves (same thing for the bar side and used that for our toiletry stuff etc..)

that helped a lot ! I got so much more room with the shelves
I kept the cool cutlery holder on the door though :)

since I have a front door I can get to the bottom easier but I used those containers from costco that have the split tops you can open and close about the size to hold file folder stuff
those are on the bottom for bulk storage stuff then on those I put some plastic drawer things you can get at target etc.. I had around and they worked well for extra food and kitchen stuff etc...
inbetween them I used the non slip rubber stuff you can get in bulk rolls at costco

that also worked well on the bed area to keep the pad from slipping around

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Before we deploy the tent, we remove the wolf boxes, set up the tent and bed, and put the boxes on the floor of the tent, two on each side of the ladder (his and hers sides). Since they're strong and stack well, they make nice seats/dressing tables.
We gave up trying to open and close the flop-down door in the tent.

I built shelves on the kitchen side that snugly hold the stove and other wares. All easy to get to and lined with carpet to hold items snugly.

When are you coming to Utah? Be nice to go camp somewhere.
You guys should get in on this:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28898

I put my plate on hinges too:
PoleBoxAccess.jpg

XJBANKER

Explorer
PoleBoxAccess.jpg

My plate is on hinges as well, but I have so many poles in there that the first couple have a hard time coming out. They hit where yours says 0018. I am thinking of cutting a hole there that will be covered by the plate when not in use.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I have found that if you alternate the direction they are loaded, that it makes a huge difference. (meaning some with tapered side forward and some rearward).
Then when removing, pull ONE out from the bottom of the pile, and then the rest will come out MUCH easier.

Dendy

XJBANKER

Explorer
I have found that if you alternate the direction they are loaded, that it makes a huge difference. (meaning some with tapered side forward and some rearward).
Then when removing, pull ONE out from the bottom of the pile, and then the rest will come out MUCH easier.

Dendy

I think that my poles are different that everones. Dean did not have any more poles when I bought the trailer so he sent brand new ones, but they were too long to fit into the box so I had to extend it and they have funky tabs on the ends that make them take up more room than needed.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Our poles are made of unobtainium and weigh 4,000 pounds. I'm always on the lookout for something lighter and easier to deploy...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Our poles are made of unobtainium and weigh 4,000 pounds. I'm always on the lookout for something lighter and easier to deploy...

Hey, Bill:
If you do replace yours .. I would like to purchase some of the ones you are replacing!
Thanks
Dendy

XJBANKER

Explorer
Can you snap a pic of your tent poles, as I was shorted one ... and I need to replace it. Wondering what he sent you.
Thanks
Dendy
nashvillerover@comcast.net

I will take some pictures tonight. I swapped my wolf packs to the other side yesterday and added lights on both sides above the doors. I also changed my trailer light connector. The wires came out right under the hitch peice and was stipid so now it comes out the side of the tounge instead.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey, Bill:
If you do replace yours .. I would like to purchase some of the ones you are replacing!
Thanks
Dendy
Purchase schmurchase; your money's no good here...
The adjustable shock-corded poles I've been using from Cabela's have worked nicely.
I'll let you know what happens. What are you doing Saturday? Could you, ummm, do a really long wheeling day? Right off the BRP in NC?
You'd get a couple of tent poles...

ps: Dale told me you didn't go to Colorado. tsk tsk.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Economy has had its grip on us here. We have been staying close to home the last few weeks.
I didn't go with Dale because his trip was to be so rushed. I want to go when I can take time and enjoy the scenery.

Where 'bouts you guys going this weekend?
THAT sounds like fun. We are for sure in for the trip in October!

Let me know.

Now back to XJBankers thread.

THANKS!!!

Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Where 'bouts you guys going this weekend?
THAT sounds like fun. We are for sure in for the trip in October!
Dendy
Scouting the campsites up there.
Call me if you can make it; or watch the videos next week and throw your hat at the wall...
Just a little gas money and an apology or two. Hug the Mrs for me; she'll understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12