new conveyance

scarysharkface

Explorer
Keeping the KLR, but added a '98 suzuki DR350 to the stable...

691466761_cKQVm-XL.jpg

691464324_3bzqT-XL.jpg

John

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
:bike_rider:

I've never heard anything but good things about the DR350. And that one looks uber-clean too!

scarysharkface

Explorer
It's the off-road model with a Baja Designs dual sport kit. Kickstart only, but starts first or second kick with a pumper carb. I have to work out some carburetion issues, as it's been jetted for a wide-open airbox and exhaust, but the exhaust is somewhat restrictive so it bogs and pops and other stuff at the moment. The fellow I bought it from is sending me an assortment of jets and suggested a couple of paths I could take with it (no pun intended). I opened up the carburetor to clean it, just to make sure, and it looks like it's new from the factory... :Wow1:

So I'll probably close up the airbox to stock configuration, fab a stock-diameter exit for the muffler, jet it with the stock sized needle and call it good. :ylsmoke:

I'm loving having a bike that I can lift/loft/throw around. :bike_rider: :wings:

If I get it running like I like, I'll probably take it to Big Bend over Thanksgiving week, instead of the KLR... :victory:

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12