New Drawer company - DECKED (x-post)

SALT

Whoops - I posted this in the Camping thread recently, but this is a better location I guess.

I found a new truck drawer company the other day called DECKED. Pretty sweet looking system if you ask me. Made in the USA.

http://decked.com/#home

Sadly their initial product launch will exclude the Tacoma. Doh! I'll be patiently waiting for a version that fits my Truck.

Cheers,

Salt

Woodsman

Adventurer
Looks interesting but I am skeptical. The drawers appear to ride on caster wheels underneath with the sides only as guides. While the drawer may stow 200 pounds I cannot see it coming anywhere close to full extension with even 100 pounds. Seeing the video with all the separate plastic components makes me wonder how it will hold up as well.

Time will tell.

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Looks interesting but I am skeptical. The drawers appear to ride on caster wheels underneath with the sides only as guides. While the drawer may stow 200 pounds I cannot see it coming anywhere close to full extension with even 100 pounds. Seeing the video with all the separate plastic components makes me wonder how it will hold up as well.

Time will tell.

Looks like there is a set of casters on the top in a track as well.

I like it and if it's good quality then the price is right too. If I had a pickup I'd be all over it.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Copied my post from the other thread...

Is it just me or is there quite a bit of unused space under that deck? Even more than most drawer systems? Like most molded plastic/poly containers it looks like there's a significant amount of space lost in the name of shaping it for strength versus a heavier, more square-sided drawer system of wood/metal construction. I'm sure it's lightweight in comparison, but the 200lb drawer rating and the lack of 8ft bed offerings makes me wonder about long-term durability. And the website annoyed when I saw that not a single picture in their 'Decked Life' gallery showed the deck or drawers being used. Pretty lame.
:coffee:
Actually I see this as being even cooler if they made them for Frontier/Tacoma-sized trucks where the smaller bed size pays even more dividends in weight savings over other drawer systems or bed caps used by contractors. They could even do a deep version for small trucks with pop-up anchor points on the top deck like the bed anchors you can install in the stake pockets on the sides of full-size truck beds.
:beer:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
They just had these listed in 4 Wheel & Off Road's New Products section. They look ok but look to use space inefficiently I have to agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger