New four wheel campers web site "coming soon"

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I barraged Tom from FWC with questions at the Hollister event (he was very patient and kind). There's a lot of neat stuff available that's not shown on the site. I got the vibe that they're so swamped with traditional orders that they're not in a big hurry to start advertising the "non-traditional" mods.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
What is so special about their dinette? Any pics?

767625478_jwWB8-O.jpg

The dinette replaces the standard long bench seat, allowing for 2 to face each other during meals and/or providing a "work space" with room for a laptop, or looking over maps, etc. The small seat back rotates forward and (with the table-top removed) makes for a narrow single bed. There is a small storage compartment under the single seat, with the water tank and battery located under the wider seat by the pass-thru window.

I seem to be in the minority in my thinking, but I didn't care for the dinette... I found the table to be too small for 2 to eat comfortably and the available foot room under the table was uncomfortable as well. By giving up the bench for the single seat, much storage room for long items (like camp chairs, roll up tables, shower tents, etc.) is lost. And the single bed, via the 'closed' dinette, was too narrow for a decent night's sleep. However most owners seem to really like the dinette, so there ya go...

Bike_Mech said:
Maybe Four Wheel Campers would be willing to trade product for a website and maintenance?

Tried that idea, it didn't go over... The focus in-house seems to be on production these days, not so much on promotion. Nothing wrong with that.

In the meantime, speaking of promotion... if you're interested in more photos & information about Four Wheel Campers, check out the FWC page on Facebook - tons of photos, article links, trade show info, new product news, links to worldwide dealers, maintenance & repair tips, outdoor gear suggestions, etc.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thank you for posting this and for talking with Tom.

"There's a lot of neat stuff available that's not shown on the site."

It would be very helpful if Tom (or Stan) could give us a run-down on those items, even just here in this thread !

If I had known about the flat bed option with side door (and later the hard-side), that would have dramatically changed our direction.

I barraged Tom from FWC with questions at the Hollister event (he was very patient and kind). There's a lot of neat stuff available that's not shown on the site. I got the vibe that they're so swamped with traditional orders that they're not in a big hurry to start advertising the "non-traditional" mods.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
It would be very helpful if Tom (or Stan) could give us a run-down on those items, even just here in this thread !
Oops!!! before I get my inbox jammed with PMs- I don't have a "list" of items to share. I didn't mean to imply that there's a list of stealth mods that FWC is keeping from the public (sorry about that!). After my discussions with Tom and others, I've realized that FWC will do whatever they can to accommodate special requests. Again, I get the feeling they're about as busy as they can handle with the "normal" campers so there isn't a big emphasis on showing the custom work they've done for other customers. For anyone interested in a FWC, I recommend going straight to the source and contacting the office or visiting with them at the next event. I've spoken with them, in person, on two different occasions now and they've been VERY helpful in answering all of my annoying questions. :)

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Sorry ! Wasn't implying that...
Just hoping to keep the discussion going.
Wish they would update the site - there is a hard-to-find mention made about the hard-side, but I can understand about being busy with their main business and all things considered, good for FWC ! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears