new fuso on the way ; )

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Great looking setup. I like how you do the camp with the extra shade. Of course you're shading the north sun, which just isn't right.......

Actually we use the sun shade for the sun but mainly a privacy screen,The camper in the shot showing is facing due north,where we were camped was in Exmouth in West Aust and in April this year and the temp was 105 every day for 4 weeks:snorkel:

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
well, the planned ideal weight was to be in the 4000-4500 lb's range, that's what we have set the suspension up for and are hoping for.
with our yamaha xt, kayaks and gear our goal is to be just under the GVWR of 14k overall.

we can't wait to get out there for pickup, ya ; ) cheers Lehel and laura

Hi Lehel,what do you estimate your actual height once the camper is installed ?

lehel1

Adventurer
height ?

hello

the overall height estimate will be around 11' 6" to the top of the airconditioning unit.
with the cabover design we ended up alittle taller than we might like, but in all our travels in our unimog we've had no problems with height of 11' plus our kayaks.
the benefit on this new camper is the bathroom floor was able to be stepped up, and larger holding tanks mounted just under the bathroom floor still leaving 6' headroom in the bath.

if we were using the truck just as a camper, we could reduce this by another 8" or so by not having a flatbed deck. as a dual purpose rig were very happy so far with the fuso.

cheers lehel and laura

justduck

Observer
Hi Lihel, Great to talk to you last week. Thanks for spending so much time and answering so many questions about your new rig. You have me thinking seriously about an FG. I'm anxious to see the new camper. Snow will most likely close the Page Mt. road before you get back from Oklahoma with the camper. Guess I'[ll have to ride around the horn to see it.:bike_rider:

________
Earl

lehel1

Adventurer
camper

hey earl

good to hear from you, another member has offered to post some pic's for us under fuso camper examples.

we're hoping to pick up within the next two weeks, happy to meet up after we get home if you'd like.

cheers lehel and laura

lehel1

Adventurer
leaving tommorro for new camper ; )

hiya all

well, finally leaving tommorro morning for tulsa, oklahama to pick up our new custom camper yaa

we're pretty excited, unfortunately laura won't be able to make the trip and shes abit dissappointed as well as excited. i'm still deciding basics like what to bring to sleep on on the way home as there aren't any cushions in the unit yet (having those made locally) a thermo rest most likely, don't know how much height there will be in the cabover bunk for a full size air matress which would be nice.

anyhow, we'll take lots of pic's. the problem will be getting them posted on here. i've sent them to others to post but realize people get busy. we can only post off our old camera which i'll take as well.

if someone could go into the details on the method of posting, and perhaps start a tread on that, it would make it so much more fun for people like me.
the suggestions by some so far just don't work, perhaps the photo's off some camera's are not capatiable. its hard for us to beleive it is that difficult or i need a new camera to post pic's as our old camera pics load. most likely i'm just not very computer savyy lol

cheers lehel and laura

able

For a box try carson, We ended up buying a used carson rebel toyhauler to fix onto the chassis. But they were pretty helpful in quoting on a new box.
ooops to late on my response.

lehel1

Adventurer
camper picked up at last ; )

hello all

well, just got home last night from oklahama with our new camper. took a week long trip thru moab and death valley on the way home. got some projects still to do but everything has turned out nice so far.

we'll do our best to get some pic's on here in the next few days, havn't been lucky with that so far !

hope you all had a great thanksgiving

cheers lehel and laura

DzlToy

Explorer
bumping this for a question:

You mentioned in an early post that you would be towing a 20' trailer sometimes. Do you have any pics of this setup with the flatbed or even with the camper?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan