new fuso on the way ; )

lehel1

Adventurer
update and photo's

hello john, kerry and all

i got some pic's taken now, if someone could load them on here i would be glad to e-mail them to you or let me know any other methods

thanks for the note john and kerry, john i sent you an e-mail about your mechanical unit to calibrate my speedo, would like your unit.

anyhow, hope to see my piuc's on here soon

thanks again for everyones help so far on here cheers lehel and laura

p.s. just for heck of it i'm trying to load one here

Attachments

• Old Camera Fuso 001.JPG
    Old Camera Fuso 001.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 856
  • Old Camera Fuso 002.JPG
    Old Camera Fuso 002.JPG
    477.5 KB · Views: 807
  • Old Camera Fuso 004.JPG
    Old Camera Fuso 004.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 1,093

lehel1

Adventurer
trying more pic's here

no luck, it seems i can load form my old digital camera but not my newer one, hmmm

at least a few thanks for being patient ; )

lehel1

Adventurer
more photo's i hope

more photo's

Attachments

• Old Camera Fuso 005.JPG
    Old Camera Fuso 005.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 808
  • Old Camera Fuso 003.JPG
    Old Camera Fuso 003.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 756

iandraz

Adventurer
Wow, that really looks great!

I may be looking at some of those wheels myself as I think my 2004 has the same bolt pattern. Any info on cost?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Lehel. Never recieved anything. Wheels look good. Lots of set in the springs. The trick is in getting them to move freely while still carrying the load and not causing any issues with the shackles. BTW Love the wooden dropsides. Very rare to see that here. Sometimes I see a wooden floor but not high dropsides like yours. Very cool.

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's a crop from one of Lehel's photos showing the single rear wheel:

lehel-srw.jpg

Rims 8.5x19.5 from Stockton Wheel
Tires Yokohama TY 303 285/70 19.5

the manufacturer rates the tires to carry 6345 lbs when tire pressure is 120 lb/sq in so that's about 12,000 lbs per axle

The Fuso FG brochure says the rear axle is rated to carry 9,480 lbs, so the tires have enough capacity.

The TY303 285/70R19.5 is 11.1 inches wide, and 35.4 inches high at 120 psi. The Yokohama Y742S 235/85R16 tires that the Fuso FG comes with are 9.3 inches wide and 31.9 inches tall.

Lehel, do you have any interference problems when the front wheel is turned fully to the side? Did Stockton Wheel give you an estimate of the load bearing capability of the custom wheel?

Yokohama says the Y742S needs 650 revolutions per mile, and the TY303 takes 591 revolutions per mile. That's about 9% less than the Y742S.

Chip Haven

lehel1

Adventurer
wheels and tires

hello all

awe, you caught that badge thing ; ) been having alot of fun with that (almost feeling bad about it a couple of times while talking to people about the truck) this last week has had a few poeple chasing me down to see what this truck is.

the wheels are rated for considerable more than the tires according to stockton wheel, but have not got a fixed number from them yet.

clearance, no clearance problems of any kind. i underestimated the rim width moving out vs in in the front, so my concerns about the steering arm were unwarranted (not even close). the only place the tires hit at full turn is the flimsy little rubber mud hangers hanging off the bigger plastic guards.

keep in mind i'm about an 1" to 1 1/2" higher than stock due to the new spring packs. also i have removed to plastic cover that go just beneath the doors, i don't know if they would have rubbed these if there but i don't think so.

i have reduced my tire pressure per atwarrior suggestions from 100 psi to 75 front and 80 in the rear. i will be doing some more twist excercizes this coming weekend at the river bar and see how everything so far is working.

were very excited so far, the truck is coming along great. thanks to everyones input so far.

we have a company called m&m campers working up a quote for us on a full size cabover camper. we are pretty excited to see how that goes.

we'd also love to go down under and visit some of the aussies and see what there doing down there. they seem a great bunch of guys.

cheers lehel and laura

p.s. the actual tire rating on the tires says 6619 lbs, whew

lehel1

Adventurer
fuso fest ??

it would great to get a few other fuso's to head up to the mog fest this year, there a great group of guys and i beleive we all enjoy anything that hits the dirt and my personal view is everyone is always welcome.

for those daring enough they set up a fantastic area for seeing just what your vehical is capable of, its amazing to watch some of these guys.

this year it goes on for a week, our plan is to be there for most of it.

we were very sorry to not have made it to the overland expo, hope theres another one of those.

lets do it, i think we'd be surprized of the interest the fuso will get

later lehel

whatcharterboat

Lehel, Make sure you put the front mud gaurd back on or you get stones, water, muck etc coming back up on your door seal. And keep us posted about how the air pressures work out.

lehel1

Adventurer
mud flap ?

ya, we are looking at a straight flexable plastic clip peice that we are hoping will work for that area. it will go straight across just short of the door, just over an inch wide or so. of course with this new info this might collect dirt as well. we noticed this but did not considering any problems with it, just cosmetic. glad you brought this up thanks

just ready to take off for home, will be interesting the air pressure diffference when empty which it is now.

also took some more pic's of the truck empty today, the others were with a 7000 lb load. as well we took some suspension shots. i'll try and load them tommorro. i welcome your input on anything else you might notice.

cheers lehel and laura

p.s. i'lll try e-mailing you again, i tryed you thru your web page and get more info on whats needed to get the right mechanical part for the speedometer adjustment. please feel free to email me as well at lehel @3crows.net thanks in advance

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

p.s. i'lll try e-mailing you again, i tryed you thru your web page and get more info on whats needed to get the right mechanical part for the speedometer adjustment.

OK. That might be it. Thought you meant a PM on ExPo. I don't see usually see the emails in the office. It's not my business. I'm at the bottom of the food chain. LoL. BTW We've only just developed this last week and I fitted the second one on Monday, so there probably won't be anything on the web page about it yet and the boss is OS for a week or more so it may be a little while before he can write it up.

John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior