New guy and my 90 Suburban ZAV build

LIVEanimals

Observer
Thanks for the positive feedback guys

Have you had a chance to use the Pro Comp lights yet? I was looking at the same set and have not found a good review on them.

I use them all the time, to me they're are an awesome light especially for $35 ea. The round ones I had before were way brighter, but these 5x7 work just fine.

LIVEanimals

Observer
I'm looking to buy the rest of what I need to finish my lift kit. I need shocks and a steering stabilizer. I hear Bilsteins are the way to go. How do I go about getting the right ones for my lift and vehicle. My burb has factory quad shocks in the front, should I retain that feature or just put singles up front if I go with Bilstein.

LIVEanimals

Observer
Old...
8418b78f.jpg

Removed...
18d2b058.jpg

Mocked...
2ba503eb.jpg

Basic Bracket Template...
5a30ae5c.jpg

8d1a856e.jpg

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Nice, wish I could find a pair of Warn classic bumpers or better yet the Ramsey bumpers. Nice work on your templates!

LIVEanimals

Observer
Final fit for the bumper, $3 paint job. Now I need a winch. I also put my shocks and steering stabilizer in my "Cart" at SummitRacing.com but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

ff6c22bd.jpg

009da57f.jpg

Non truck related, this is all I did last night at work. It was a good Friday!

Yours Truly
1dafb1b5.jpg

The Goods
2064e18c.jpg

Railroaders are simple people haha.

Erik N

Adventurer
I have an '88 V20. Keep the quad shocks. Install the ORD brace sooner rather than later, if your frame cracks you will be hating the repair.

This pic is from before the new rear springs.

Attachments

• IMG_3522.jpg
    IMG_3522.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 18

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking:Wow1:´Burb´ you got there Live! I like the new bumper and other mods. As for shocks, Bilstein is the way to go. Keep posting LOTS OF PICS and let us follow your build. Also, but a little off topic, how much does the frame reinforcement for the steering box cost?:ylsmoke:

Egwin

I've been looking for a suburban for a couple of years for a Cummins swap. I found this one with 32,000 original miles and is almost perfect. Its the same colors as yours but it has the 6.2 diesel engine. Hopefully my project will begin soon. Nice ride!

Attachments

• 5E15Z05J53Ed3Lb3F8c65989197d5b16d1dc0.jpg
    5E15Z05J53Ed3Lb3F8c65989197d5b16d1dc0.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 13

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Ditch the dual front shocks. Mine rides better without them. Love the interior pic, makes want to get my burban back out and on the road.

cak446

Nice find! I'm jealous! Where did you find such a low mileage diesel suburban?

I've been looking for a suburban for a couple of years for a Cummins swap. I found this one with 32,000 original miles and is almost perfect. Its the same colors as yours but it has the 6.2 diesel engine. Hopefully my project will begin soon. Nice ride!

cak446

Nice find! I'm jealous! Where did you find such a low mileage diesel suburban?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan