New Here, looking for help

stairbuilder

Hi all, been lurking for awhile and have the expo bug.

I'm looking to put onboard air on my 06 ram 1500. 5.7hemi. I'm leaning towards a second compressor but nothing in stone yet.

Any advise would be appreciated. Love the info available here and hope to add some myself over time.

Chris

bob91yj

Resident **************
I've got engine driven York compressors on both of my Jeeps, I have the set up for my Dmax, haven't gotten around to getting it installed on my current truck. If you can figure out a way to install one on your engine, you'll never look back. Good luck!

Betarocker

Adventurer
There are a number of quality electric models from Viair, Air-Zenith and ARB. Much simpler install than engine mounted, especially with the lack of room under the hood of modern vehicles.

82fb

Adventurer
second compressor is a great way to go if you are handy with fabbing brackets. Also, Yorks are great, but if you cannot fit a York in, don't be afraid to use a different compressor. I, and many others, used an old Toyota compressor (in my case, from my 82 pickup) for years, just adding a half teaspoon of oil through the intake every few uses. Mine would air up a 36 inch tire from 10-30psi in two minutes at idle, and under a minute at 15-1800 rpm or so. Also, reset beads commonly back then with no beadlocks. I had a 3 gallon tank on board, which helps out a lot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan