New Jeep!

jimed43

Adventurer
Picked up a 2013 Rubicon Wrangler Last night, can't wait to do some trips! Photos soon!
2158b5d3e459bdd19fec21ce7608a54e.jpg
ab745b362674b10fdf9fcdbb4ca3af8c.jpg

Last edited:

jimed43

Adventurer
@jimed43

Erm the skies the limit? LOL

But seriously, you have a Rubicon, so best check the gear ratio. Towing?. ye best check the gear ratio. Either by vin search or if one is lucky you'll have the printed build sheet. Once one has determined the gear ratio 3.73 / 4.10 or better (Yes some Rubicon can be factory ordered with 3.73 so it's not entirely off the tablet) then things should fall into place. otherwise, built it like you want it. I would suspect you already have thoughts on what to mount in it or on it.

GL
I have the window sticker, but it does not tell me the gear ratio. I also have the factory tow hitch and wiring.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Bullseye240

Adventurer
Not necessarily, as another

That would be why I used the word "should". I am well aware that tags go missing all the time and build sheets get lost. Also you build sheet showing an initial ratio of 3.21 would be where all of that model/powertrain start and then it shows a change because whoever ordered it ticked the box for that lower ratio.

daveh

Adventurer
I have the window sticker, but it does not tell me the gear ratio. I also have the factory tow hitch and wiring.

3.73 are standard equip on the rubi. If your window sticker does not have an option listed for 4.10 with an associated cost you can be pretty sure you have the 3.73.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer

Is it a manual or auto? Manuals all have 410 gears standard. Autos are optional equipment and will show an upcharge of x if on the additional part of the sticker if you have upgraded gears. here are 2 window stickers one showing just the 373s and one with upgraded 410s. Again this only applies to automatics. Manuals all have 410 gears period!

Attachments

• 373 gears.JPG
    373 gears.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 410 gears.JPG
    410 gears.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 26

rubicon91

Explorer
Yes thanks. However it is odd, my window sticker does look the same, no mention of gear ratio.View attachment 432160

If i remember correctly and I could be wrong here but at 1 point all rubicons came with 410 whether it was auto or manual. I am not sure when that changed. Only thing I could think. Easiest way is to take your Vin and punch it in on the jeep website and get build details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998