New Knives Need Testing Video

Vulture

Supporting Sponsor
Hey everyone!

We recently released our 2 knife designs for sale, the Cholera and Talon. Both blades are available on our website ( https://vultureequipmentworks.com/products.html#.U6g1fpVih1k) and all the details are listed there. This post is not to discuss the details of the knives yet get your input on our testing video.

I am in the process of putting together a testing video for the knives and would like to know what special circumstances you as Overlanders would like to have represented. There are the usual tasks covered (see list below) but I need a few ideas from all of you. I have seen all the Cold Steel videos but are looking for real world kind of stuff that you would be interested in seeing performed.

Testing Video Tasks So Far:
- handle design and why so
- whittling sticks
- cutting cordage
- chopping larger branches
- skinning small to larger game (might be a stand alone video)
- batoning logs for kindling
- piercing a hood (really kind of stupid but it was suggested)
- slashing meat
- cutting gloves
- cutting seat belt material (although I would not use nor recommend this knife as a set belt cutter, but when in a jam...)
- stabbing through a rubber boot and a leather boot
- cutting radiator hose

Suggested Content:
- survival tip specific to blade
- limbing branches
- drawing with the blade
- choking down & chopping
- food prep (this will be covered more in our butchering video we are doing currently)
- proper sharpening of knife's edge
- care of the blade long term and storage
- one stick fire

A few of these might need to go into another Bushcraft style video so that the knife intro doesn't go too long but this is great to get some feedback from you guys and we will address all these and more.

Thanks again everyone!
Will-

Last edited:

tarditi

Explorer
Limbing a branch
Use as a draw knife
Use with firesteel
Choking down and using as a chopper/machete
Camp kitchen/food prep chores: Slicing an onion or tomato, peeling a potato, trimming a steak

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Proper or suggested sharpening technique of said knife.

Its always easy to dull it on something but fun to watch how quick it is to bring an edge back.

Vulture

Supporting Sponsor
Good suggestions guys! I will add them to the list.

I will make a seperate video on sharpening the 2 knives. Your right Titanpat everyone knows how to dull them but few know a good way to make them sharp again.

Keep the ideas flowing gents I have a couple more weeks before we start to go to filming.

Thanks again for the help!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
-Proper storage(long and short term)

-Knowing your knifes' limitations ( I wouldn't want you to break one, but it would be good to know right upfront some of the capabilities and associated pressures it can withstand.

-Any special survival tips that may separate yours from the competition.

Vulture

Supporting Sponsor
I have updated the list, give it a look over and make sure we are heading the right direction.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger