New Logan's Metals winch bumper on my XJ

mizedog

Observer
I just got my new winch bumper on. I'll post some pics here, but there are more here:
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=223

I painted to match the body because it's my DD and I wanted it to look clean.

***** EDIT *****
Well, I finally have some better pics. By the way, my front end doesn't seem to have dropped from the weight of the bumper.
P1010042.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010066.jpg

Overall, great, accurate fit. Welds were pretty good. Price and service were wonderful. Feedback is welcome.

Last edited:

mizedog

Observer
Thanks. Since this is a daily driver, I didn't want it to look like a trail-dedicated, beat up rig. I wanted it to be trail-capable, but look decent in the parking lot of the mutual fund company I work for. Besides, the XJ's timelessness is fading and I didn't want it looking old. So, I thought body-color would help it look newer. If it just doesn't look good, I'll flop some blac paint on it (probably Dupli-Color truck bed paint).

My old CJ was blacked out, but that was meant to be.

Winch is coming eventually...

ExpoMike

Nice. I have been seriously looking at them when I change bumpers for a winch setup. Seems like a nice bumper at a fair price. Even thinking about their rear one too.

mizedog

Observer
Nice. I have been seriously looking at them when I change bumpers for a winch setup. Seems like a nice bumper at a fair price. Even thinking about their rear one too.

I'd give them a call so they get to know you as a customer. It's a small family shop and she gives return customer discounts and may give you a package price for both front and rear. They gave me a discount in return for sending pictures of my bumper installed (which I still have to do). I'm not sure if this is available any longer or not.

I'll be in Riverside the first two weeks of June. Let me know if you want to see it in person. Maybe we could meet half way...

mizedog

Observer
In the first pic it looks like a small dimensional vortex got lodged in your grill

I haven't installed my small dimensional vortex deflector yet. How embarrassing...

I did have a bra on a Datsun 280zx Turbo I built, but it scratched my paint.

mizedog

Observer
See first post for better pics

Well, I finally have some better pics. By the way, my front end doesn't seem to have dropped from the weight of the bumper.
P1010042.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010066.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior