New Malayan Tiger: SMB Sized For Off Roading

TomH

Adventurer
They haven't put it on their main site yet, but ProVan Industries (now Tiger Adventure Vehicles, LLC) put up some teaser pics on their Facebook page. Built on an F-250, the Malayan Tiger is about the size of a SMB and designed such that custom off road modifications can make it much more off road capable than other Tigers. I think it will also be more off road capable than any GXV and any ER except their now defunct Jeep Rubicon based XV-JP. When the Ford E350 goes out of production and SMB loses its off road platform, this may become the most off road capable domestic production motorhome available.

https://www.facebook.com/TigerAdventureVehicles

Overland Hadley

on a journey
As I noted in another thread, that rig looks so close to perfect for my needs/wants. Not that I have the budget for it, but it is exciting to see something like that on the market. Will be interested to see what they have been able to do with the interior.

TomH

Adventurer
More Info: Multiple Malayan Variations

will be available. The unit shown is the shorter coach. Another will be a foot longer. Both will be available on regular, extended, and crew cab Chevy and Ford, possibly Dodge. Units may be gas/propane, diesel/propane, all diesel.

Edit: More Information Received:

Preliminary Information for Malayan LT and Malayan HT – updated 2.16.13
Provan Industries, LLC
2013 All Rights Reserved

These are some details of the new Malayan models prior to the official launch on the Tiger Adventure Vehicles website:

• Two versions: Malayan LT and Malayan HT. The prototype, as seen on our Facebook page, is the LT.
• The LT will go on a std or ext cab one-ton truck. The coach body is the length of the chassis, so spare tire stays underneath, we utilize the truck hitch, etc. There is nothing hanging off the back of the unit. The prototype is just over 19ft long.
• The HT is similar, except will go on an ext or crew cab one-ton truck. The body length is about one foot longer.
• Both units have lots of large dual-pane, windows (same ones as the Siberian).
• The LT has the same bed configuration as the Bengal. The HT is side-to-side sleeping as well, but is a full queen size bed.
• The LT has a slightly smaller couch that does not fold out into a bed. The HT has the Bengal couch that folds out into a bed.
• Both have the same bathroom. It is a bit larger than the Bengal, with no bath sink, and cassette toilet standard (no black tank available on this unit).
• Cabinets and walls are all veneer covered wood and are anchored extremely well. Any component can easily be replaced if damaged.
• Both have a pull-out pantry. The HT also has a closet (no closet in the LT).
• The AC unit is mounted in the back wall, not on the roof.
• Both units are offered without generator. Large battery bank, large solar array, large inverter/charger, and the truck engine as backup generator.
• Both units are offered in either gas engine/propane or all-diesel (including appliances).
• Both units are built similar to the Siberian - all aluminum construction, three-point mount system, 2" R10 insulation in all walls, floors, ceiling.
• Both units have more external storage than the Bengal (the HT more than the LT), and it is inside the rear of the unit, similar to the Siberian.
• MSRP is expected to be $133 - 156k depending on model, chassis, engine type, etc.
• Similar to Siberian in that there won't be very many options as most of them are already built into the base price of the unit.

Last edited:

lqhikers

Adventurer
new tiger prices

as a happy owner of a tiger i will not be looking to replace
our bengal with the new model.
the length for new model is stated at a little over 19 feet,ours is 20'6"
over all including rear tire mount and storage box.
looks like with factory receiver hitch departure angle is lower to ground
than standard Provan built receiver.
need to measure to be sure.
i do know that the first thing that hits on steep angles is the exhaust pipe!
but in regards to prices quoted i think with Provan adding dealers
there will be some wiggle room left if you go to authorized dealer.
hope they do not change being able to deal with factory,it was the only
reason we went with tiger.had to have it the way i wanted it or it was
not to be.

just my thoughts,yours may differ.
les,lqhikers

kurtkrum

I wonder what the towing capacity and remaining payload capacity will be on this. Perfect vehicle for overlanding and hauling my toy trailer to the race track.

lqhikers

Adventurer
pay load

we have a 2012 tiger bengal 4x4 chevy reg cab
specs are about same as malayan,No camper ac
no generator.
Provan weight ticket when we picked it up
was 8,700 lbs,factory gvw is listed as 10,700 lbs
so would think Malayan would be in this area,plenty of room
for toys or extra food,drink!!

just my thoughts,yours may vary.

Les,lqhikers

fyreles

2002 Dodge Tiger

View attachment 154238

Some of the older tigers can be set up to off road. Traditionally the Chevys had poor ground clearance. Our 2002 has great stock height, it can go most places with a wheel base that lets us turn around most places...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears