New member, 88 SWB in Puerto Rico

coastie743

So pulled the trigger on an 88 SWB V6 with an Auto down here in Puerto Rico. I have tried to post pics, but when using tapatalk it puts them in link form and the forum wont allow me to post links. I will try later from the computer. Took it for its first run today to Aventura 4x4 con Sabor a Campo. Awesome little spot up in the hills! The rig did well for the first trip but quickly realized she needs some brake work. Some of the downhill sections if I needed to stop it was all it had to get it to come to a complete stop. Any tips? Also I was under the impression that the v6 models had the coil rear suspension. This one has the leaf set up...

Mike

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Some markets got leaf sprung v6's AND leaf sprung Gen 2's. Just sayin'

coastie743

Ah that makes sense! Lots of little differences down here. Dakar editions, etc.

So far I love it. Took it up some pretty steep inclines on some somewhat soft stuff on the way to that bar and it just chugs along right up it!

Any good tips on brakes? Also I she needs some new shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
Ah that makes sense! Lots of little differences down here. Dakar editions, etc.

So far I love it. Took it up some pretty steep inclines on some somewhat soft stuff on the way to that bar and it just chugs along right up it!

Any good tips on brakes? Also I she needs some new shocks

I saw the Dakar Editions on the PR classifieds. I tried searching the net for info, but no luck. Is that just a regional throw some stickers on it dealer thing, or does it have some unique features.

coastie743

I'm not 100% sure. Looking into it. I think it's a regional package. Cloth interior. Some have third row some don't. I'll see what I can find

YOURDOCTORONLY

Observer
my friend, that was a really good buy. Here in Puerto Rico the 4x4 adventure is the BEST!!!, so welcome to Mitsubishi headquarters!!!, oh, and by the way!!! nothing better than a Medalla!!, also, as I know, the Mitsubishi Montero with coil springs, all of them are V6, the 4cil not. This is a photo of my Montero in Rincon
Montero 2000 Dakar Edition.jpg

coastie743

Thanks! Love it so far! And usually a cooler of cold medalla in the back! Haha! Do you live out in Rincon? I'm in dorado

JAVYPRO

Observer
Common guys!!! stop with the Medallas, the beach and the mountains..You are making me homesick, what are the odds that I come to the forum and find my twin brother, yourdoctoronly, in here!!!! I am definitely playing the lottery.

This is heading soon to the island:
WP_20140604_20_52_05_Pro.jpg
1990 LWB sport package

Javypro

coastie743

Common guys!!! stop with the Medallas, the beach and the mountains..You are making me homesick, what are the odds that I come to the forum and find my twin brother, yourdoctoronly, in here!!!! I am definitely playing the lottery.

This is heading soon to the island:
View attachment 323913
1990 LWB sport package

Javypro

Very nice!! Maybe we need to all get together for a little drive and a few medalla stops!

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
If you're not getting new rotors have the old ones turned at a machine shop. New pads at all four corners will help of course. New fluid is a good idea along with a thorough bleed. I'm assuming you have rear discs too, not drums?

Looks like a great rig! I loved my gen1's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger