New member (but long time lurker)

OTR

Adventurer
Hello eveyone, I want to start off by saying that you guys have a great forum here. I have been "lurking" for a few months and getting a ton of ideas and suggestions, you have all been a great resource tool.
I drive a 2007 Tundra crewmax 4x4 TRD 5.7L, and is my first Toyota. My in-laws & parents swear by them (In-laws;2 Tacoma's and a highlander and my parents; LS400, LS430 & LX470). So far I've owned the truck 14 months and have almost 40,000 miles. I have had no serious trouble with the truck and is the most comfortable for hwy cruising.
I am starting to plan a 3-4 month trip up to Alaska for next summer and am planning on doing a lot of camping out of the truck. I may actually thinking of starting the trip in keywest and am planning on going all the way up to Prudhoe Bay.
So far I've added a snug-top cap and have built a sleeping platform for the back. I made the system extend to 6.5ft (5.5ft bed) with tailgate down and will be using a DAC truck tent. I've also made a platform that bolts down to the floor in place of the back seat for a huge amount dry storage in the cab.
I'm planning on adding the following: either the EMU suspension or adjustable Biltein 5100's (can't decide), winch, sliders (long wheel base & may need the protection), roof top basket, radio (CB or HAM-looking at getting licensed), tires (BFG AT, BFG MT, or Goodyear MTR??) and a buch of other goodies. I'm currently living in Cleveland until Oct. and will be moving to Dallas until Feb, and then ?????? I love to travel and can't wait to outfit the truck to get outdoors and enjoy our country even more.

Thanks everyone for the great forum.:bowdown:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yes yes... welcome welcome. now pony up and give us some pics!!!

And I'll throw in another vote for the OME. If they make parts for the new Tundra you will NOT be dissapointed.

Cheers

Dave

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
Welcome!

Welcome to ExPo. Yet another vote for OME. I just put an OME kit on my '05 Tacoma and it is working very well.

- DH

OTR

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for the welcome. All of you are swaying me toward the OME lift. I believe wheeler's offroad has it for around $465.00. I think that's a fair price, I'll look some more before I purchase. I plan on installing myself while in Ohio since my dad has a 2 post lift in his garage. I'll try to post a few pictures in a few days. I don't think I have any with the cap on though.

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
OTR said:
Thanks everyone for the welcome. All of you are swaying me toward the OME lift. I believe wheeler's offroad has it for around $465.00. I think that's a fair price, I'll look some more before I purchase. I plan on installing myself while in Ohio since my dad has a 2 post lift in his garage. I'll try to post a few pictures in a few days. I don't think I have any with the cap on though.

$456 is only for the front components. I am running the OME Dakar rear spring pack on my Tacoma and love it. You should consider it for your rig as well. It will add another $728 to the cost to get all the rear components.

As for price. Check around. A lot of shops will price match and if they are closer to Ohio it will save you on shipping cost since that stuff is heavy.

- DH

laxtoy

Adventurer
i'm a new member here as well, and the reception you get on this forum is great. i did a seattle to fairbanks trip in a stock tacoma about two years ago, 6000 miles the roundabout way all the way through alberta, then the yukon and back on the cassiar highway through bc, went as far north in canada as dawson city (should have kept on till prudoe), then on to tok, up to fairbanks and down through denali. i think this sounds like an awesome trip, definitely worth it, and starting in the southeast corner, you will see so much, be sure to document and take a lot of pics. have fun and welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman